Swimming in early February

mousefreak

We are planning on going to WDW early Feb 2014. My DD is a pool freak and will want to swim. I know the pools are heated, but does anyone have any experience with going to the world and being able to swim during this time of year? I know that it can get cold (by Florida standards) in Jan and Feb, but what is it typically like.

Toveck

We have taken trips down there in late January, and in March and have tried the swimming, and it is true that the pools are heated but they are only heated to something like 75 (if that) and while that sounds warm, it really isn't that warm. Plus, the thing that was the absolute worst was walking back to the room after getting out of the pool. If you do swim, make sure you have lots of towels or maybe a cover-up or even a bathrobe. Or hopefully your room will be close to the pool so you wont have to walk too far.

Upvote 0

luv

I live in Orlando and my pool is heated, too, but I don't use it in February. It just sits there, mocking me. ;)

You can swim. It may be cold when you get out, though! How cold just depends on the day and what time you swim.

I did swim in the pools at WDW in January and February. I was frequently damn cold when I got out...but being from up north, the idea of swimming outside in the winter was too appealing to pass up. :)

Upvote 0

bethymouse

When we went in December 2007, it was chilly. We had towels to put around us as soon as we got out. We went straight back to the room, had a hot bath/shower, and went to sleep. But, when we got home, it had snowed, and it was cold. My poor son had caught a cold.:(

Upvote 0

Sumrdog

We are from a cold climate, so if the air temperature is above 65 and the suns out we are in the pools. Those who live in the south might think its chilly but we don't. So I think it depends on your perspective, if you live in the north you will probably be fine.

Upvote 0

dreamfinder

As mentioned, the pool itself shouldn't be that bad. The bad parts might be getting from the pool to the room. I have been down there in February, and found it to be plenty warm, somewhere in the 70s. (It's also been in the 40s as well)

Upvote 0

jazzinator

We used the pool several times during our stay leading up to President's Day in 2012 at Coronado. The pool at Coronado was too cool to pass up and my boys liked the pool about as much as the parks!

Upvote 0

mousefreak

Original Poster
When we went in December 2007, it was chilly. We had towels to put around us as soon as we got out. We went straight back to the room, had a hot bath/shower, and went to sleep. But, when we got home, it had snowed, and it was cold. My poor son had caught a cold.:(

Sounds like having towels ready is a good plan.

Catching a cold from the warm temps in FL, then heading back north concerns me...but Oh well...we're at Disney!!! :D

Upvote 0

mousefreak

Original Poster
"Come on in, the water's fine." It's damn cold getting out of it at. We look like those people in the arctic getting out of their hot tub and plunging through the snow towards indoors. :D If they made pool parkas I would probably wear one. Yes, freeze baby is my middle name.

LOL!!!

Upvote 0

mousefreak

Original Poster
Here's a picture of me and my daughter from last September at ASMusic. This kid is a fish. :)

DSCN3706.jpg

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom