Swimming at the resorts

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmything7

I've only stayed at one disney resort and it was the fort wilderness trailers. There was no beach there. But now im going to stay at the Polynesian and i was wondering if we are allowed to swim in the lake.
I heard that we couldn't but i just want to make sure. Thanks

rpgman

Originally posted by disney30253
My family spent 7 nights at Disney and only used the pool at our resort two times, much less another resort's pool! How do people find time to be worried about who's in what pool? I guess different people have different interests.....

if your referring to me....I don't have the time....

I have 2 very small children....ages 2 and 5....who love to swim....

if the pools crowded and there are no chairs, I live/deal with it, but if I hear that someone is pool hopping, I'm sure to make it known to the management.... you make it sound I'm at the pool all the time, stressing and wondering who's pool hopping or not...

I'm not....I make casual converstaion just as you would, it it leads to me knowing that they pool hopped, then management hears about it....I don't make a scene there, I just enjoy the pool at that time with my children.

granted, with 2 small children, I'm at the pool more than most.

rpgman

Upvote 0

rosie.ca

people stop being so nasty to each other .PERIOD.
you have different opinions and none of you are going to change the other ones mind so let it go.
the only reason to continue then would be to be nasty and try to upset each other and argue and I don't think any of you are mean,nasty people so why not just stop.

This is not fun.
:cry:

Upvote 0

rpgman

Originally posted by rosie.ca
people stop being so nasty to each other .PERIOD.
you have different opinions and none of you are going to change the other ones mind so let it go.
the only reason to continue then would be to be nasty and try to upset each other and argue and I don't think any of you are mean,nasty people so why not just stop.

This is not fun.
:cry:

yep, I agree....

let the pool hoppers keep on pool hopping

and, me catching them....

I just love their faces when their asked to leave the pool...

like how embarrassing is this...

Upvote 0

disney30253

Originally posted by rpgman
if your referring to me....I don't have the time....

I have 2 very small children....ages 2 and 5....who love to swim....

rpgman

I wasn't referring to anyone in particular. At the time we were there we had four kids in our party, ages 6, 6, 9, and 11 who also love to swim. No harm meant, I just wish we had time to stop and swim. That would've been far more relaxing than all of the running around!

Upvote 0

rpgman

Originally posted by disney30253
I wasn't referring to anyone in particular. At the time we were there we had four kids in our party, ages 6, 6, 9, and 11 who also love to swim. No harm meant, I just wish we had time to stop and swim. That would've been far more relaxing than all of the running around!

and, I would love to run around, but what good is it to force a cranky 2 and 5 year old on another Disney ride....isn't worth it to me.....so, everyday, a nice relaxing afternoon swim, and nighty swim helps them feel better....

rpgman

Upvote 0

mkymaus

Account Suspended
With the risk of sounding "elite, snooty or wealthier" then alll others :hammer: ....we tend to stay long down in Florida when its our only vacation for the year. Therefore we allow ourselves "pool days" instead of going to the parks...which translates to staying at our resort pool for the day or heading to a water park. Then and only then does it concern me to find "pool hoppers", and when no chairs or towels are available and its too crowded to enjoy yourself.

So, if you must pool hop....more power to you. But like rpgman, if I find out there are pool hoppers and the pool is crowded and chairs unavailable (and yes, only then)...you better bet your pool hoppin' booty I will let Disney know.

Just a little FYI...I pool hopped last year when I stayed at the All Star Music, cause I HATED the peeps-ridden pool there...and we used the Coronado Springs pool...I felt ashamed, like I had "thief " writen on my forehead...and we only stayed for a couple of hours. I will NEVER do that again! Aside from the signs posted...I was embarrassed, like everyone knew we didnt belong there.

:sohappy:

Upvote 0

dox

Originally posted by rpgman
yep, I agree....

let the pool hoppers keep on pool hopping

and, me catching them....

I just love their faces when their asked to leave the pool...

like how embarrassing is this...

um, hello, i'm not the one stressing here. I'm not the one who wants to report people to the management. Are you sure you aren't the two year old ?

If disney really wanted to stop other disney resort guests from pool hopping, they would make it impossible to do so. Post a guard or a gate at the entrance etc. As it is when I.D.'s are checked the IDs don't indicate what hotel you are staying at. In fact, on my trip back in August when I had the pleasure of experiencing different resort pools, I always used my room kep to open a tab at the pool bar and not once did the bartender ever say a word. And in fact in one situation they knew we were staying at PO cuz we talked about our own resort.

I will say this, if it was a busy weekend etc. such as Memorial Day I probably wouldn't pool hop, but only b.c. I knew i wouldn't find a chair and they may suddenly opt to restrict access. In fact I recall that on one Memorial Day trip where I stayed at the BC they checked my ID, but they didn't even look at the thing, merely flashing it was enough.

BTW, i'm still waiting for this proof that exists on Disney's website.

POOL HOPPING FOREVER!

p.s. LET ME KNOW ABOUT YOUR NEXT TRIP TO DISNEY SO I CAN POOL HOP AT YOUR RESORT! :fork:

Upvote 0

dox

Originally posted by mkymaus
With the risk of sounding "elite, snooty or wealthier" then alll others :hammer: ....we tend to stay long down in Florida when its our only vacation for the year. Therefore we allow ourselves "pool days" instead of going to the parks...which translates to staying at our resort pool for the day or heading to a water park. Then and only then does it concern me to find "pool hoppers", and when no chairs or towels are available and its too crowded to enjoy yourself.

So, if you must pool hop....more power to you. But like rpgman, if I find out there are pool hoppers and the pool is crowded and chairs unavailable (and yes, only then)...you better bet your pool hoppin' booty I will let Disney know.

Just a little FYI...I pool hopped last year when I stayed at the All Star Music, cause I HATED the peeps-ridden pool there...and we used the Coronado Springs pool...I felt ashamed, like I had "thief " writen on my forehead...and we only stayed for a couple of hours. I will NEVER do that again! Aside from the signs posted...I was embarrassed, like everyone knew we didnt belong there.

:sohappy:

THIEF! THIEF!! THIEF!!!

Upvote 0

mkymaus

Account Suspended
Originally posted by dox
um, hello, i'm not the one stressing here. I'm not the one who wants to report people to the management. Are you sure you aren't the two year old ?

If disney really wanted to stop other disney resort guests from pool hopping, they would make it impossible to do so. Post a guard or a gate at the entrance etc. As it is when I.D.'s are checked the IDs don't indicate what hotel you are staying at. In fact, on my trip back in August when I had the pleasure of experiencing different resort pools, I always used my room kep to open a tab at the pool bar and not once did the bartender ever say a word. And in fact in one situation they knew we were staying at PO cuz we talked about our own resort.

I will say this, if it was a busy weekend etc. such as Memorial Day I probably wouldn't pool hop, but only b.c. I knew i wouldn't find a chair and they may suddenly opt to restrict access. In fact I recall that on one Memorial Day trip where I stayed at the BC they checked my ID, but they didn't even look at the thing, merely flashing it was enough.

BTW, i'm still waiting for this proof that exists on Disney's website.

POOL HOPPING FOREVER!

p.s. LET ME KNOW ABOUT YOUR NEXT TRIP TO DISNEY SO I CAN POOL HOP AT YOUR RESORT! :fork:

OMG...please people....you need to grow up yourself honey... you crack me up...you sit there and call someone else 2 years old, when you yourself act more childlike than all others...I think it was clearly stated in a past post....that there are signs posted by the pools that state its for resort guest ONLY....how much clearer than that do you need.....?

Now drop the childish acts and go on with your life. Pool hop...enjoy yourself....just stop with your childish name calling. Your the bigger person...you can pool hop and get away with it..woot!

:sohappy: Peace:brick:

Upvote 0

dox

All of you are insane. I hope you realize that.

Use of pools is allowed by virtue of your Disney ID that works at all resorts. Unless there is a barricade, anyone , including anyone using a motel 6 can be allowed access.

I HAVE NO MORALS, I'M A NEW YORKER AND A LAWYER. :fork:

Upvote 0

mkymaus

Account Suspended
Originally posted by dox
All of you are insane. I hope you realize that.

Use of pools is allowed by virtue of your Disney ID that works at all resorts. Unless there is a barricade, anyone , including anyone using a motel 6 can be allowed access.

I HAVE NO MORALS, I'M A NEW YORKER AND A LAWYER. :fork:

LOL...figures....
I guess your a lawyer that cant read either.....

I guess you are the elite one then...you think since your a New Yorker and a "lawyer" you can do as you please....whatever...your not worth my time in posts anylonger....take care and enjoy your life....:snore: :snore: :snore:

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

This is getting out of hand...

Before I close this thread once and for all I want to say this.

Pool Hopping is not allowed by Disney. If you pool hop you can and should be kicked out of the resort where you are hopping too. I can only think of the problem at the Polynesian with the limited amount of chairs. We know people pool hop there and when there are no chairs for my family when I am paying to be there, I have a problem. It may not bother a Pool Hopper because they aren't the ones paying to lose their priviledge to get a chair at THEIR pool. Unfortunately some times people can't see that it can ruin someone else's experience in their selfishness. There is a reason why Disney doesn't allow it maybe some people should try to follow it.

This debate is now closed.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom