Trip Report Sweating at the Swolphin: a 2017 Food and Whine Report

Hello and welcome to another Bee trip report! My DW M and I had the privilege of attending the opening weekend of the 2017 Epcot Food and Wine Festival, and the timing couldn't have been better! We both go "back to school" soon (she's an academic admin at a university and I teach voice and piano at a performing arts school), and last month we found out we have to move from the very affordable apartment we've loved for over three years because someone new bought the building and wants everyone out. We considered cancelling the trip given the moving news but almost everything was paid for already, and we decided in the end that we really needed this escape from reality. We made the right call!

You may know from the PTR to my California trip that this trip was originally scheduled for the end of September and beginning of October to coincide with Epcot's 35th birthday, but a flight change caused us to reschedule. More on that here.

The Plans
Who: M and me
What: A quick trip to Food and Wine!
When: Thursday, August 31-Monday, September 4
Where: Caribbean Beach and WDW Dolphin
Why: Because we needed a distraction from real life!
How: Lyft, Southwest Airlines, Magical Express, and more Lyft!

Keep reading for new experiences, old favorites, and of course lots of food and drinks!

12in12

Thank you for another great trip report. I enjoyed reading about F&W and the Dolphin. I don't like the exterior of that hotel so I don't want to stay there but it looks better on the inside than I had thought.
Good luck with the move! 1000 square feet is a lot of space to fill but I am sure it will look lovely once you are all moved in.

bee

Original Poster
I've only been to Tokyo Dining once and really liked it. I thought the service there was exceptional, and the sushi was great! That edamame looked so good.

I'm so glad that everything worked out with the new apartment. That's great that you will have a place for lessons in your own space. My husband gives guitar lessons occasionally at our house, so when we moved we definitely needed a place where he could do that.

Also, good luck on your auditions for the season. My sister has a degree in vocal performance, so I know it can be grueling.
Thank you! We would definitely go back to Tokyo Dining after our great experience! And, glad you know the struggles of us crazy musician types! :)

As always, a great report!! I'm not a vegetarian, but the food you and M eat always looks so delicious!!!

Good luck on the upcoming auditions and looking forward to that new PTR:)
Thank you! Disney has really stepped up its vegetarian game over the years. And thanks!

Fixed that for ya. ;)
:hilarious: True, though... :cautious:

Great but too short TR as always. Just one question you posted pics of shopping in Japan but no pics of the saki tasting in the back. Why?:rolleyes:
Thank you! We had already been drinking so much that day... :p

Good luck on move in day, hope its smooth.....enjoyed the report and I'm thinking of doing the Swan after a quick trip to the poly!
Thank you! Do the Swan!!

So sad this report is over! Thanks for sharing it with us! Can't wait to hear about your upcoming trip!
Thank you, and you're welcome! I'm sad it's over too!

Thanks for taking the time to post. Enjoyed reading.
Thank you! Glad you enjoyed it!

Thanjs for letting me experience F&W vicariously through you. I will get there some day for it. Good luck with the move and auditions. Looking forward to your November report.
You're welcome! And thank you! Hope you get to F&W soon!

bee

Original Poster
Yup, there's something for everyone. You summed that up perfectly. Kinda like Burger King's slogan, "Have it your way."

Great TR, and sorry to see it come to an end. Happy that you had a great time. Best wishes to the both of you with the move (ugh--I hate moving) to your new apartment. But once you're done with that, I think your new place will be well worth the effort. :cat:
Thank you! We're so excited and even though packing and moving itself always sucks we know it will be sooo worth it! :cat:

Excellent as always @bee
Good mix of pics, commentary and balanced opinions on the parks

Looking forward to the next ptr and tr.

Thanks for sharing

Good luck with the move , the auditions and life in general

Max
Thank you! And thanks for reading!

Your pictures are so amazing. Practically post-card ready. WDW needs to hire you as a staff photographer.
OMG thank you!

Well that was totally awesome. Thanks so much for sharing. This was a bright light in a very dark week.
Thank you, and glad I could bring a little light to the madness.

Thank you for another great trip report. I enjoyed reading about F&W and the Dolphin. I don't like the exterior of that hotel so I don't want to stay there but it looks better on the inside than I had thought.
Good luck with the move! 1000 square feet is a lot of space to fill but I am sure it will look lovely once you are all moved in.
Thank you! You should visit the Swan and/or Dolphin for dinner or at least to check out the lobby sometime. I too was surprised at how nice it is inside. And thank you! We're so excited to have that space to fill!

Fantastic report @bee.

Thanks for making me LOL at the pictures taken inside Mitsukoshi.....”naive!!!!!!!!!” :hilarious:

Definitely a lost in translation product name!
Thank you! We definitely had a o_O moment when we saw that! :p

Good luck with the move! I hope all goes smoothly. I'd like to see all the new chairs! :geek: Thanks for letting me share in your trip!
Thank you! I will totally post photos of the new chairs, maybe in the next PTR!

mrp4352

Too funny! Our family always says "time to watch the grass grow!" when referring to Living with the Land.

Loving the report - even though I'm late finding it!

The ride has, and has had, many names. M and I have called it "The Vegetable Boat Ride" for at least five years and on this trip we heard another family call it that. We've also heard "The Alligator Boat Ride" (although that's not quite accurate anymore :( ) and, of course, "The Farm Ride!"

dclfan

Finally I am all caught up. Another fabulous trip report. I am drooling just thinking about your breakfast in France, it is my absolute favorite. Can't wait to read about your November trip. Hope your move went or goes well depending on when you read this lol.

bee

Original Poster
Loved this TR!!! Hopefully you get into your new apartment soon and post some pics! ;)
There will definitely be pics! Still waiting for the move-in date, but there WILL be pics!

Too funny! Our family always says "time to watch the grass grow!" when referring to Living with the Land.

Loving the report - even though I'm late finding it!
Thank you! No one is late to my TRs. :)

Finally I am all caught up. Another fabulous trip report. I am drooling just thinking about your breakfast in France, it is my absolute favorite. Can't wait to read about your November trip. Hope your move went or goes well depending on when you read this lol.
Thank you! We hope it goes well too! We're still waiting for a date!

PS Here is my newest PTR for those interested! ProcrastiNations: Deflections of Work

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom