yea just curious what they are offering the folks who get cancelled. Dunno if its panic time or they gonna move them to swan/dolphinAlways the risk I guess with a new place, unless there is a big complication, they will do their best to not pushed it back again
If it was me, I would try to find a fully refundable (or pay on checkin) booking somewhere else, and then wait to see what options the Swan gives you. They'll try to make it right I'm sure. But having a backup is worth the time. I'm sure offsite hotels have availability.Apparently they pushed back to mid October now... Great.. all resorts are booked up and idk what my options are now
I had them booked for 2 days I had to book those each day than once I moved to AKL i was able to book the rest of the trip its was kinda annoyingJust a heads up,to anyone who has booked the Swan Reserve and are coming up to their 60 day dining mark.
Swan Reserve reservations don’t always open the onsite booking window for ADRs. If this happens it will only show allow you to book 60 days out from check-in day, although you’ll be able to see the whole stay apparently “open”.
It’s a known problem that Technical Support know about. Your best bet if it doesn’t open is to phone the Technical Support number who will direct you to a CM who can book your dining for you. So have things written down so you can tell them what you’re looking for.
Pretty sure they've already pushed to Nov 7 at the earliest.Did anyone have their Swan Reserve reservation canceled in September or October? I'm just wondering what alternate accommodations were offered. I have a reservation for Oct 22 so really hoping it's open by then!
I am in the same boat as you, 2 rooms booked last week in Oct booked for 7 nights. If you call the hotel directly you of course get a recording to leave a message, so I called the swan directly. They know nothing, and are claiming they have not been told when the Swan Reserve will open, so zero help there.Did anyone have their Swan Reserve reservation canceled in September or October? I'm just wondering what alternate accommodations were offered. I have a reservation for Oct 22 so really hoping it's open by then!
Well, just received the email today that they are canceling my 10/23 - 10/30 stay, so looks like all of Oct is out.I am in the same boat as you, 2 rooms booked last week in Oct booked for 7 nights. If you call the hotel directly you of course get a recording to leave a message, so I called the swan directly. They know nothing, and are claiming they have not been told when the Swan Reserve will open, so zero help there.
Frustrating to say the least, and the S&D are fully booked for the week of my stay, so no chance of me being relegated to either property. I am booked on bonvoy points (a crap-ton of them) so from what I am hearing points reservations are just getting cancelled outright without being rebooked to another property - you are welcome Marriott for the years of loyalty!
Earliest bookable room is now Nov 04 (up from Nov 07), so now I am wondering if they are still planning on opening mid oct and will just keep capacity down the first few weeks by not allowing 'new' reservations, aka phased opening approach. I have seen new hotels do this in the past upon opening, and have kept certain common spaces off limits for finish out (ballrooms, etc.) and have even had certain floors blocked off via elevator control for final touches, etc.
Keep in mind they were literally laying down sod at the contemporary hours before disneyworld opened to the public, so who knows. . . . .
Nope they just automatically rebooked me in a similar room type at the Swan. The room at the Swan is about $100 per night cheaper so I guess kind of a deal?That stinks, if you don't mind me asking, did they give you some sort of offer or deal to make up for the move?
Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.