SWAN or DOLPHIN - which do I choose ?

KevinPage

I have never stayed at either resort. Price is not really an issue since we are only staying for 2 days & Swan is $20 more per night ($40 total).

I know the Swan has been recently renovated, but the Dolphin was a few years ago.

Swan is smaller so probably easier to get around quicker. Dolphin seems like it has a nicer pool though.

It's just going to be the wife and I, no kid this time. We are going to The Blue Zoo one night, which is over at the Dolphin, but the resorts are close enough to walk between.

So what do you think? I assume the rooms are generally the same size and offer the same immenities?

Thanks in advance :D:D:D

Dingle66

We've stayed at both over the last 12 years or so and you basically get the amenities of both if you stay at either. As far as rooms, I think the Swan's accomodations have been a little better quality in terms of beds, furniture, etc. Aside from that it's a toss-up because they both share the same conveniences and location. Sometimes you'll come across better prices or specials at one over the other so shop both.

Upvote 0

disneymyway

I think the Dolphin is a little more family friendly, and the Swan a little more for meetings and conventions and such. I think the Swan may be a bit more "grown up and maybe really nice.

This is really just my impression and maybe not factual - that's just the way they feel to me.

Upvote 0

JEANYLASER

I think that Dolphin is a friendly place to stay! And Our family has a confirmation to the dolphin today! I can't wait to stay in the Dolphin. Oh! One more thing that is still in my mind. Does the Dolphin has Extra magic Hours and the website of the swan and Dolphin.

Upvote 0

Yellow Strap

Either one is a wonderful hotel. The Dolphin is much larger and houses the convention rooms. The Dolphin beds are double-beds and the Swan are queen-size. Both are within walking distance to Epcot and DHS and both participate in Extra Magic Hours. The Dolphin has more food options inside due to its size, but you can quickly walk to either one. Oh, and they share the pool. They are also a quick walk across the street to Fantasia Gardens Miniature Golf and you can watch the Epcot fireworks froma hammock on their beach. I think they are great hotels for the price (there are discounts a plenty to stay). You get Deluxe accommodations at Moderate prices. True, they do not have Disney flavor to the interior design and you cannot have items sent back to your room from the parks. But they are really, really nice.

Upvote 0

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Its very close, but my preference is the Swan. The Dolphin houses the vast majority of the conventions, and does have more of a convention feel to it when large conferences are there. The Swan is smaller, and tends to be less busy.

THey both share the same excellent pool, so no problems there.

I am sure you will be very happy with either!

Upvote 0

MickeyspalJim

My Wife and I stayed one night at the Swan, and it was just beautiful! The room was spacious, and really comfortable. Great bed, cool desk with computer hook-up, and our balcony had a fantastic view of not only the Dolphin across the way, but We could see the Disney resorts across the way. I am sure that You will enjoy both Resorts, and if You see something in the other that You want to experience, like You say, "it is just a short walk between them". Have a really Great time there!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom