swan / dolphin

ginowho

if you've stayed at the swan or dolphin....does it have the "disney feel" like the resorts, or does it feel "off site"....
what benefits do you lose by staying there .....
and...just curious...how did they get so close w/out being a disney resort??

WDWScottieBoy

Benefits you lose? I think you gain. You get the Westin Heavenly Beds, one of the best locations on Disney property, still get the EMH benefit, and pretty much everything else.

They get so close due to an agreement between Tishman and Disney.

Upvote 0

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
you lose the escape from reality, but those heavenly beds are awesome :D

And you can actually earn credit for these stays through starwood preferred guest.

Upvote 0

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
They feel very Disney to me. Having a room where you can see ToT and Spaceship Earth is very Disney!

The location cannot be beaten, and I think they have the most comfortable and functional rooms out of any of the onsite resorts.

I highly recommend them. :)

Upvote 0

CoffeeJedi

i still think that you get the escape from reality, they're very whimsically designed hotels (as long as you stay out of the conference areas, they tend to be a bit boring)
i'd stay there again given the chance, the ability to walk to Boardwalk or Epcot is great, and there's a really nicely themed pool with individual hot tub inlets, and a beach with hammocks

Upvote 0

justducky78

They are both really nice resorts, not quite Disney - but still fun.
The promiximity to Epcot and MGM give them an edge and some of the deals ($139+/night) cannot be beat!

I still prefer true Disney resorts. We've stayed at the Dolphin several times but for some reason, always end our stay at a Disney resort. :D

They do host A LOT of conventions which got on our nerves. Too many drunks by the pools, beer bottles outside the rooms and elevators, and cocktail parties near the lobby.

I would still recommend it, but just be prepared that you could run into a huge convention while you're staying there.

Upvote 0

WDWScottieBoy

scottie....dolphin or swan?? just me and the mrs....43 yrs old...

If you want a king bed, both hotels have them. It all depends on the view, but if it's the king bed, either hotel will work for you. I couldn't pick between the two unless it was for two beds, then I would say Swan for sure.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom