Swan/Dolphin

jozzmenia

I'm just wondering how the Swan/Dolphin hotel is. It has always seemed overpriced to me, but now they're having a special $149 rate for rooms. That's still more than we usually pay. We paid $35 a night on our last trip; we stayed in my uncle's time share the time before that and paid $200 for 1 week; I think we had a $99 rate on a 1-bedroom suite at Caribe Royale the time before that...ANYWAY, we always pay less to stay off site, but it's not because we can't afford to pay more, but rather we feel like our money could be better spent elsewhere (i.e. upgraded rental car, better food, MORE SHOPPING :sohappy::D ) and I've never felt like staying in a Disney hotel was a big priority when you can stay in really nice hotels and resorts for a lot cheaper. However, the way everyone raves about DISNEY resorts, we have been saying we would stay in one eventually. I couldn't in good conscience pay the $200+ a night that the nicer resorts charge - I would just feel wasteful :lookaroun - and I just didn't want to stay in a value resort because they didn't look appealing and I felt that I could find something much nicer for the same price...However, I'm also a sucker for a good deal, and compared to the normal rates, $149 seemed like a really great deal for the Dolphin/Swan so I thought I might go ahead and stay there on the next trip.

ANYWAY...(I'm a rambler if u couldn't tell :hammer:)

All that in consideration, I have 2 questions:

(1) I know the Dolphin/Swan is a "pseudo-Disney" hotel but I'm not really clear on the details. Is it or isn't it a Disney property? What are the Disney amenities/privileges included in staying there?

(2) Do you think that the Dolphin Swan is worth the $149/a night? If so, why?

I know most of you will probably say "yes" but I'm really interested in the
"why". What's so great about that hotel that they charge so much?

OK, thanks in advance for the responses!

jozzmenia

Original Poster
Thanks, u guys have been helpful. Maybe we will stay there one night during our free trip. OR, we will just pay the extra to stay onsite at an actual disney hotel. i think the moderate resorts are about the same price. i really want a waterslide. :)

Upvote 0

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
jozzmenia said:
Thanks, u guys have been helpful. Maybe we will stay there one night during our free trip. OR, we will just pay the extra to stay onsite at an actual disney hotel. i think the moderate resorts are about the same price. i really want a waterslide. :)

The grotto pool at the Swan and Dolphin has a water slide, its my second favorite slide at a resort (nothing beats the flying jib at the Yacht and Beach) There is also a big waterfall that you can swim under. :wave:

Upvote 0

ErickainPA

We stayed at the Swan back in March, it was a nice hotel. The beds are definately heavenly, you can get lost in the blankets, sheets and pillows. We loved being able to take a boat ride to Epcot or MGM, even just to the Boardwalk unless you want to walk over, it's just over the bridge. Bufferteria was closed when we were there, that was a bummer. I picked up some stuff for breakfast and snacks before heading to the hotel (only had a rental so I could travel to see family while hubby was in his conference) I don't think we got charged for our parking, if we did DH's company picked up the tab for the 4 days we were parked.

The hotel floor plan gets a little confusing at first, but than it clear sailing after. (they had a construction wall up in one area) It's actually one of the first stops on the bus route to MK and such. Was nice to take the ride around to the other resorts on the way to one of the parks. We did a little resort hopping while on the trip, just to see what each was like.

One evening we were going to have to wait through all the resorts to get back to ours, via walking from the Dolphin. The bus driver asked all of us as we got on what resort, hubby and I were the only ones for Swan, so he dropped us off right at the circle drive, we thanked him for that, as we were a bit tired (I was 2 months pregnant at the time)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom