Swan/Dolphin worth it?

HRHPrincessAriel

Original Poster
We have reservations right after Christmas for POFQ but just snagged a teacher rate at Swan for about $350 more overall.

How's transportation there?

I know we could walk to Epcot/Studios.

worth the splurge?

Last edited:

deeevo

No, not worth the extra $$$$. I only stay there if I get a good deal and its last minute. Its not bad but I would take FQ 10 times out of 10.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
If you are going to spend most of your trip at Epcot of DHS then I would give it a maybe. If not, save the bank and stay at FQ.

While I do like S&D they have absolutely zero Disney feel to them. The common opinion of them is they are nice convention-style resorts and I find that description to be pretty accurate.

S&D also charges a resort fee in addition to their parking fee ($35/day resort fee $25/day parking fee IIRC) You will want to make sure you have included those fees in your calculations.

HRHPrincessAriel

Original Poster
If you are going to spend most of your trip at Epcot of DHS then I would give it a maybe. If not, save the bank and stay at FQ.

While I do like S&D they have absolutely zero Disney feel to them. The common opinion of them is they are nice convention-style resorts and I find that description to be pretty accurate.

S&D also charges a resort fee in addition to their parking fee ($35/day resort fee $25/day parking fee IIRC) You will want to make sure you have included those fees in your calculations.
It included that!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Bus transportation to the MK only gets you to the TCC. You’ll need to take the ferry or monorail to the front entrance.

awoogala

We use lyft when we stay there for ak or mk, so I don't know about the buses. Transportation to hs and epcot are fantastic. The pool is amazing, the food is better than much of what is on property, the beds are better. It also has a great little quick service coffee shop, that has some great options for quick food (vegan banh mi is awesome), and the prices aren't crazy. I find it more peaceful then a lot of the Disney hotels- not as many people visit just to visit. We like it a lot there. Does it scream Disney? no. but it's a quick walk to the Boardwalk area, a quick boat ride or a walk to HS or EPCOT.

tpoly88

I did not see who you were going with, if its just adults i like the swan/dolphin as the food options are much better and getting to the boardwalk is a quick 3 minute walk and easy walk to epcot. HS is a little farther but the boat is fine to get over there. AK car share all the time for me and MK i always uber/lyft to Poly to go to trader sams or GF for a drink (i only go to MK for very merry party) then over on the monorail. i will take the bus back though as its just too easy not to. Rooms are nice and you can guaranetee a king bed which you cannot do at most of the disney resorts. Can imagine swan/dolphin is much more than PO but if just adults id do it.

Disstevefan1

I always considered the Swan/Dolphin a great value. At a glance, check in on Friday, July 1, one night, $323.
Compare that to the Boardwalk, of course could not get July 1 (unavailable) but just a check mid week in August, it’s $422. $99 bucks a night could help pay for Genie+ and ILLs

MickeyLuv'r

I always considered the Swan/Dolphin a great value. At a glance, check in on Friday, July 1, one night, $323.
Compare that to the Boardwalk, of course could not get July 1 (unavailable) but just a check mid week in August, it’s $422. $99 bucks a night could help pay for Genie+ and ILLs
S/D/SR also qualify for the extra PM deluxe park hours (usually MK/Epcot). I have noticed a few things though, while WDW rates spike on the weekends, the S/D/SR now spike Mon-Wed.

Also, they used to be more lax about holding a reservation. I advise anyone looking to CAREFULLY read the booking terms. The Marriott Properties are now trying to push NON-REFUNDABLE rates and/or require substantial deposits. They used to be one night deposit, but now the deposit is often more than 1-hight, sometimes more like a full-prepay.

I still think they are decent places to stay, but it is important to check the terms when booking so you know what/when you will be billed.

TrainsOfDisney

I’d stay at French Quarter - the New Orleans resorts feel like you are at a true Disney resort and the boat rides to and from Disney Springs are really charming.

Plus..... Beignets. *mic drop*

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom