Swan/ Dolphin Super Cheap!

surfsupdon

Just a heads up that Swan and Dolphin are having a "thank you" promotion for teachers, nurses, and government employees. We know these Resorts already offer discounted rates for these occupations, but now they are offering rooms for $99/ night which is really cheap for a great location!

Book by July 15th and stay between Aug 29 and Oct 2. Other views are available too at much cheaper rates, but you must call the Resort, no online booking.

We stayed at Dolphin on a past vacation and thought it was pleasant. Sure, it is not Disney owned, but it does have great service, amenities, and a GREAT LOCATION! So maybe check it out if you want, but I wanted to let you all know.

JPVonDrake

Let me just add...

To book this offer you must call the Swan or Dolphin directly at

Walt Disney World Swan 407-934-3000
Walt Disney World Dolphin 407-934-4000

If you call Disney's Reservation Center, we can only book standard rates, and only select room categories at these independently owned and operated resorts.

Both resorts do offer the Extra Magic Hour Benefit and Disney transportation to all Disney Parks. However Disney's Magical Express is NOT available.

Hope this helps! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

ScottBA

I'm not any of these occupations, but I have to just have to mention what nice hotels these are. Top notch all the way. The location is superb being a short walk to the Boardwalk and Epcot. Having previously stayed at All Star Movies and Caribbean Beach Resort, the Swan blew me away. $99 a night is a steal (if you qualify)

Upvote 0

righttrack

They are great resorts. Remember that these are big convention centers as well and there will be lots of non-vacationers there. Still, wonderful, and if you don't like a long walk to your room once you get to your resort these are good. More of a hotel/elevator experience rather than the sprawl that makes up many of the WDW resorts.

Upvote 0

DiPSU224

One of these days I'm going to have to take advantage of their nurse's discount. I would love to use that $99/night rate in september, but I have a wedding and house to be saving for...

Upvote 0

Kadee

WOW! I wish they would offer this in December! I know.....Not a chance of that happening! I need to take advantage of the teacher discount! It is a very good discount! And those heavenly beds!.....they look just.....well.....HEAVENLY!:lol:

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

Original Poster
Kadee said:
WOW! I wish they would offer this in December! I know.....Not a chance of that happening! I need to take advantage of the teacher discount! It is a very good discount! And those heavenly beds!.....they look just.....well.....HEAVENLY!:lol:

Just so you are aware, the Swan Dolphin always usually have a teacher/nurse/government rate available throughout the entire year. (There were not even blackouts for our first Christmas--New Years trip.) They are not as low as 99/night, more in the 149--169/night range, which is still excellent, especially when compared to the Yacht/Beach/BW rates for that time period, and sometimes Moderates can be more expensive than the Swan Dolphin rates.

So def. check it out.

Upvote 0
I have stayed at the Swan/Dolphin over 10 times and love it, love it, love it! You are right there at the boardwalk shopping area, you can walk to either EPCOT or Disney Studios, you can walk to Fantasia Gardens Putt-Putt and you get a Deluxe Resort for a moderate price.

It is by far one of my favorite resorts to stay at!

Upvote 0

lewisc

S/D charges a resort fee, rumored that they will be dropping it, charges for parking and doesn't particpate with Magical Express so you'll have to pay for your airport transfers.

STILL A GREAT DEAL but if you're on a budget you should include those charges when you budget.

Upvote 0

dmmgp2000

As a cast member of the Swan, the rumor that the resort service fee (a $10 a day fee that covers several amenities) is going to be dropped is true. One of my managers told me about it during pre-shift the other day. They do not have a definite time frame as of yet, but she did mention towards the end of July. I'll let everyone know. A lot of guests (and I agree) feel that this is a "hidden" charge that they are not told about. So I for one will be glad to see it go. Parking is $7 a day, and it gets charged to your room during night audits, so you don't have to pay when you take the car in and out, just swipe your room key. Feel free to ask me any other questions you may have about the S/D :wave:

Upvote 0

lewisc

The other part of the rumor is S/D is going to start charging for the items that the resort fee covered. S/D should really be trying to match what the Disney deluxe hotels next door are doing and not what other Starwood properties do.

Coffee, health club and newspapers are free at Disney resorts, included with the S/D resort fee, but will probably be charged for in the future.

THE S/D IS STILL A GREAT DEAL. IMHO the grotto pool is second only to SAB. The Dolphin Fountain is similar to Beaches and Cream.

dmmgp2000 said:
As a cast member of the Swan, the rumor that the resort service fee (a $10 a day fee that covers several amenities) is going to be dropped is true. One of my managers told me about it during pre-shift the other day. They do not have a definite time frame as of yet, but she did mention towards the end of July. I'll let everyone know. A lot of guests (and I agree) feel that this is a "hidden" charge that they are not told about. So I for one will be glad to see it go. Parking is $7 a day, and it gets charged to your room during night audits, so you don't have to pay when you take the car in and out, just swipe your room key. Feel free to ask me any other questions you may have about the S/D :wave:

Upvote 0

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Interesting info on the resort fee, thanks. If you use the High Speed Internet connection (which is excellent BTW), the resort fee is very competitive with the Disney offerings.

Upvote 0

Disneyland1970

Thanks for the HEADS UP!!! Just booked the weekend of Sept 16th thru 18th for Lovely wife and me!! The gov rate of $99 is great! this will be our first trip to the Dolphin or Swan. We are very excited!

Upvote 0

HinunterZuNich

EDIT ---> I sure like to use " " a lot ....sorry haha.

I'd take the Dophin over pretty much ALL "Disney" resorts except Yacht & Beach and Wilderness Lodge, that's how GREAT IT IS!!!! We have stayed at all the types of resorts ranging from the Grand Floridian to the Pop Century and the Dolphin made the Grand Floridian look REAL bad (and NOT worth the money).

All these people talking about how theres all these "convention people" .. blah blah blah .... They are in the far part of the resort in a "seperate" part of the main building. Yes you may see some signs for the convetion, but there's no "atmosphere" changes that make people feel un-welcome if not there for a convention.

Please people stay there!!!

Upvote 0

Invero

I never understood the "Resort fee" -- why not just build it into the price of the room?It's $10 that no one would notice, or complain about, which is something that I'm sure thier guest services gets a lot of.

Upvote 0

dmmgp2000

Invero said:
I never understood the "Resort fee" -- why not just build it into the price of the room?It's $10 that no one would notice, or complain about, which is something that I'm sure thier guest services gets a lot of.

You are absolutely right in the fact that guest services gets a lot of complaints about the resort fee. Basically the only people who even get use out of it are the business people, because they all bring their laptops and work out at the club.....families (transients) really don't use any of it.

I just found out yesterday that the Resort Service Fee will cease to exsist as we know it on or around July 28th. Instead of paying one fee for the amenities, guests will pay extra only for what they want, a pick and choose, if you will. Hopefully this will eliminate complaints at the front desk. We'll see.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom