Swan & Dolphin Dining - Thoughts?

Kate F

Original Poster
My family is staying on property for the first time since our first trip in 2005. We are staying at the Swan in early November and I was wondering if any of the restaurants among the two hotels were worth booking reservations for over other options.

Hockey89

Bluezoo has been excellent for me. Never had a bad meal and the lobster dish is awesome...
Shula does have a nice steak... Can't go wrong there...
Il Milino is fine... Nothing special but it's still a nice meal.

NiarrNDisney

The Swan and Dolphin have some truly amazing restaurants and I myself am a big fan of:

blueZoo is one of my favorite places for the seafood (mmm Crab Nachos) on property and I feel its much better and more consistent than
Flying Fish over at the Boardwalk (also easier to get a reservation)

the Fountain for me always wins out over Beaches and Cream the ice cream and desserts are about the same (though cheaper at Fountain), the actual food is really good and the biggest plus is you can actually get a table without having to hope for an ADR.

Il Mulino has great Italian and its not as pricy as some other options around WDW

Kimonos is easily one of the better (if not the best) sushi restaurants on property

Phins is one of the best lounges on property with some amazing cocktails you can't find elsewhere and you can fill up on their delicious apps/small bites

Lastly one of my favorite places to dine around WDW is the Cabana Bar and Beach Club. The food is great and not your typical pool bar/restaurant fare, plus the menu changes often/seasonally and they tend to have great specials from time to time (had an amazing shrimp po boy there once).

BASS

Absolutely. Bluezoo is excellent. Think Vegas in Disney--that's the vibe. That said, I haven't been since covid and the menu looks quite stripped down now.

Also, don't forget that you are on the Boardwalk. Once Flying Fish reopens (when, I don't know but I hope soon?), that's also another fantastic spot just a short walk away.

HouCuseChickie

My FL family stays at both resorts pretty often. Il Mulino is a fave. They also recently ate at BlueZoo and loved it. They like Kimonos, but my mom felt other places give you more food for the $...which is saying a lot with Disney options. We've never been to Shula's, but it's mainly because we each have a location near us and we try to do things we can't have at home.

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

Shulas for the best steaks on property, BlueZoo for great seafood... Only place I know that does a decent Steckerlfisch in the Orlando area.
Dead on with Shula's - BEST Steak on property. Not a fan of BlueZoo... prefer Shula's for best LOBSTER on property :).
And Il Mulino is a total hidden GEM. BEST Italian on property :) (just my Sicilian opinion :)).

Kkar

The Swan and Dolphin have some truly amazing restaurants and I myself am a big fan of:

blueZoo is one of my favorite places for the seafood (mmm Crab Nachos) on property and I feel its much better and more consistent than
Flying Fish over at the Boardwalk (also easier to get a reservation)

the Fountain for me always wins out over Beaches and Cream the ice cream and desserts are about the same (though cheaper at Fountain), the actual food is really good and the biggest plus is you can actually get a table without having to hope for an ADR.

Il Mulino has great Italian and its not as pricy as some other options around WDW

Kimonos is easily one of the better (if not the best) sushi restaurants on property

Phins is one of the best lounges on property with some amazing cocktails you can't find elsewhere and you can fill up on their delicious apps/small bites

Lastly one of my favorite places to dine around WDW is the Cabana Bar and Beach Club. The food is great and not your typical pool bar/restaurant fare, plus the menu changes often/seasonally and they tend to have great specials from time to time (had an amazing shrimp po boy there once).
We just came back from spending the long weekend at the Dolphin (after having just been there in April) and have to agree with the above comments. As we're foodies, we love that are so many restaurants between the two resorts.

We always take seats at the bar (it's just the two of us), and this time we hit the 4 major restaurants during our stay:

Shula's: Food, cocktails and service are absolutely top notch. This was our 4th visit and it's become one of our favorites on property.

Blue Zoo: Had never been before, and even though we're not big on seafood, we really enjoyed our meal and the overall vibe there.

Il Mulino: We only ordered appy's, but easily made it a meal. Salads, arancini and meatballs. All delicious!

Kimono's: Had a couple of non-seafood items which were excellent, and a very good saki martini.

Phins: Our new favorite lobby bar (used to be Mizners, RIP). Lively, great bartenders, and excellent cocktails (we loved their Negroni!) Just an awesome place to realx, enjoy the sound of the huge fountain and admire the massive chandelier. Their small bites are currently suspended, though; no word on when they'll be back.

Also have to mention the Cabana Bar. They have a flank steak at lunch which was fantastic. Comes with potato puffs and a light salad. Perfect!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom