Swan Boats?

disneynutt1225

Original Poster
Does anyone remember the Swan Boats that used to be in the Magic Kingdom? I remember being able to run around on the grass down there, feed the ducks, and riding in the boats once or twice. The loading docks are still there - are the tracks still there too? I can't remember.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I`ve seen plenty of pictures of them, but I was only 7 at the time so don`t really remember them. I wouldn`t be surprised if the tracks are still down there; when did you last see the hub completley drained? Even for the old TLand Pylons they could dam up the waterway under half the bridge and not impeed the `boats through way.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I do remember the Swan Boats, however I never rode them.

But for the life of me I cannot remember where the loading dock was. :confused:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
The dock is still there - on the inside of the canal, facing Tomorrowland - it looks like a victorian shelter:

Attachments

• swanboat loading.jpg
    swanboat loading.jpg
    274.5 KB · Views: 99

Robfasto

Here is a picture of one of the boats as it passes the Cyrstal Palace:

Swan Boat in front of the Crystal Palace

The dock is a great place to sit and 'take in' the Magic, I have spent a number of afternoons sit in the shade relaxing. One evening just before the fireworks we saw 2 guys 'pop the question' within about 10 minutes of each other right at the entrance to the building with Cinderella Castle in the background.

Connor002

marni1971 said:
I`ve seen plenty of pictures of them, but I was only 7 at the time so don`t really remember them. I wouldn`t be surprised if the tracks are still down there; when did you last see the hub completley drained? Even for the old TLand Pylons they could dam up the waterway under half the bridge and not impeed the `boats through way.

There are tracks in the canal?! Where do they go?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
My bad - I assumed they were guided being where they are (having one run aground in the hub would have been real bad PR)

I was waiting for some pics from you, Rob :D

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I wonder why they don't rent out a "boat in the moat" for Wishes? It seems that they are always looking to add special activities for people to add-on, it doesn't seem like it would be that difficult, and the loading dock is still there . :veryconfu Just a thought.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom