Swan and Dolphin

DE_DISNEY

Original Poster
What are your thoughts and experiences staying at the Swan and Dolphin? Although they are not the most "Disney" hotels, the locations are very good. Would you prefer to stay there or other Deluxe/Moderate Disney hotels vs. other Disney Springs area hotels.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
What are your thoughts and experiences staying at the Swan and Dolphin? Although they are not the most "Disney" hotels, the locations are very good. Would you prefer to stay there or other Deluxe/Moderate Disney hotels vs. other Disney Springs area hotels.

They're deluxe amenities that are cheaper (usually) than the Disney deluxe resorts next to them: Yacht & Beach, and BoardWalk. Their prices have been going up, but one can sometimes find a bargain (Priceline, CostCo, luck). Being able to walk to Epcot and DHS is a huge plus. I go for the Swolphin whenever I can find a bargain.

RaveOnEd

You do get the bus transport to the parks, and it's great walking from EPCOT, across the Boardwalk and to the hotels there (we stayed at the Dolphin last year).

Overall, the rooms are nice (ours had a view over to Hollywood Studios) and amenities are good (they even do some of the kids' activities that are Disney-based).

We thought it was good value for what we paid, giving you amenities that aren't in the Disney Resort hotels that are in that same price range.

righttrack

We enjoyed our stay and actually feel like it was a "deluxe" at a moderate cost. Location is everything, especially when the resorts and parks are full. The location more than compensated for any negatives. The airport transfer is the only thing you need to figure out. Magicbands or lack thereof can be an issue for some die-hards, but realistically that didn't matter either. Theoretically you can get everything transferred to an old band you have anyway, it just takes more planning and perhaps a stop at guest services or concierge. We just didn't bother. Given these hotels are major convention centers as well, there were multiple restaurant choices all within short walking distance, plus the boardwalk and all of it's restaurants and amenities. I think every Disney die-hard should try one of these at least once.

An amenity that you may not even think of is the fact that once you get off the transportation, it's a very short walk to your room, rather than a hike as it is for many others. If you're tired at the end of the day, it's nice to go into a lobby, hit a button on an elevator and get to your room in a minute flat vs the ten minute walk you have to make for most of the others.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Great location.... Nothing deluxe about the room, but it "works"
We enjoyed our stay and actually feel like it was a "deluxe" at a moderate cost.

The rooms are deluxe. At least by Disney standards. They're not villas, but the size and quality of everything is most certainly deluxe (for Disney).

Then there are high-end restaurants (and a 24 hour nice cafeteria), conference facilities, business facilities, deluxe class pools, spa, gym, room service, character dining, location, etc...

Last edited:

Minthorne

The only con is if you happen to be at the Dolphin when a conference is going on - it can be a madhouse in the lobby. Price, location, and services are all pros.

It's been my go to spot when I am not traveling on DVC points and it is where I stay if I go for NYE (walk back to hotel after Epcot midnight is the only way to go!)

HouCuseChickie

I've made the choice to stay at the Swan vs. a moderate in the past when the cost was about the same. It's not luxurious, but I did find the accommodations to be nicer than a moderate. The bed quality was significantly better than the beds we had in all of our group's rooms at POR, the rooms were more spacious, and bathroom space alone made it a huge upgrade over a mod. The location also makes it a significant step up over any moderate. I know some people say they'd never stay there because it lacks Disney touches in the room. Well, I had the most basic room and I had a view of ToT. I'll take a HS fireworks view over a Disney lamp or hidden Mickey coat hanger any day. The only thing we missed was being able to use our MBs for things like charging and our room key. In the end, the charging part was a good thing because it forced me to take out my Disney Visa, which meant getting the discount on more meals.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
They were much better when they weren't owned by Marriott. I have a bias though. I remember getting rooms there regularly for $149-$199 a night (If I wasn't using points - the SPG program was good). Good luck with that now. Damn Marriott.

Kevin_W

I found a deal on Priceline for an upcoming trip that had Dolphin as the same price as Pop Century (after factoring in Uber from airport), but have debated it after staying once at Dolphin last year. The amenities don't actually do all that much for me and I was looking forward to trying the skyliner. Walking to 2 parks is nice, but it's still a fair hike.

LUVofDIS

The Dolphin/Swan are our go to rooms. The view, location are amazing. The rooms themselves are some of the best on property. The beds are the best on property.

My sister-in-law, who normally stays at the Contemporary, Floridian or Poly, stayed with us last December and like it better than the standard rooms at the big three. It didn't hurt that we had a balcony view of EPCOT and watched the fireworks from there a few times.

We also stayed at the Contemporary club level at that time for a few days, and room wise, I would say similar, view, a little better at the Contemporary seeing the castle all lite up, but the beds still go to the Dolphin/Swan. Also, keep in mind that the Club level cost us almost three times as much.

We stayed at Shades of Green this year, along with two other hotels, and Shades is very nice. Large rooms, awesome bathrooms and nice views. But the transportation was probably the worst.

daisyduckie

I have stayed at both resorts, but prefer the smaller size of the Swan. And the larger beds. You can't beat there price for how close they are to Epcot. Love being able to walk back to my resort. I have done 5 stays at the Swan and Dolphin over the last few years, and one stay at Coronado Springs. CSR is lovely, but I missed the ease of getting to Epcot in just a few minutes.

Castle Dreamer

The Swolphin resorts are our favorites on property. Rooms are very nice and if you enjoy Epcot and the studios the location can’t be beat unless you stay at a deluxe resort. We love being close to the Boardwalk too. The Dolphin has a 24 hour counter service restaurant if you are looking for a late night snack. The pools are nice and relaxing. We love the lighted palm trees at night too. The drawback is that now that they have been renovated the prices have increased. Not as much of a value as it used to be. :confused:

We stayed at the Swan earlier this year as a group of 6. The suites are really a bargain. We were able to get 2 bedrooms (2 regular hotel rooms, 1 king and 1 2/queen) connected by a VERY LARGE living space with dining table for 8, sitting area with TV and pull out sofa, dry bar and a third bathroom for around $600/night. I thought the price was very reasonable considering the location. There's no way we could've gotten a 2 bedroom villa at any of the Disney Crescent Lake DVCs for even remotely close to that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom