Swan and Dolphin

TXDisney

Original Poster
So we just booked a short trip to WDW from 3/2-3/6 staying 2 nights at the Dolphin then 2 nights at the Swan.

We've stayed at the Swan before but actually had a rental car and it was right before they started using magic bands. We've stayed at several WDW resorts since then and have Magic bands so we don't care that the Swan and Dolphin don't use magic bands. We will still use ours for ticketing and FP.

My question is about transportation. The research I've done says that you have full access to Disney transportation. Which is great. But it seems that you can't use disney transportation to and from MCO. Is this correct? If so... is the best option to just Uber from MCO to the Swan and Dolphin?

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
You cannot use Magical Express for the Swan and Dolphin. When I stayed at the Swan I used a car service, Quicksliver. I was pleased with the service and we didn't want to rent a car. It was nice to have the driver waiting for us and the car was parked really close to baggage claim, we were out of there super fast. It is $125 roundtrip, so probably not as cheap as Uber. But I think I read somewhere recently that Uber is not allowed to pick up at MCO, I don't know as I haven't used it.

Here is a link to quicksilver http://www.quicksilver-tours.com/ratesquotes.asp

I did a quick google search for Uber at MCO and here is link to the Uber site with info about its services at MCO. https://www.uber.com/airports/mco/

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Stayed at the SWAN a number of times. Usually, I'd arrive at MCO on a Sunday morning (in May), so not too much traffic on the roads at that time. I'd just take a taxi to the hotel--worked out fine.

On my departure day, there were always towncars parked out front (or bell services can call you a taxi if you prefer). Getting to and from MCO has never been a problem.

Here's a distance calculator from the Mears taxi site -- lists most "general" areas around WDW and Orlando, so I clicked in Epcot for the destination from MCO. Fare was approximately that to the Swan (clicking Epcot).

http://www.mearstransportation.com/taxi-services/taxi-fare-estimator/

I was just doing some research on taking Uber to and from WDW on an upcoming trip. Just FYI - going from MCO to the S&D, your only Uber options are UberSELECT or UberSELECT XL. Fare estimate seems to be around $63+. You can get UberX when returning to MCO, which is a little over $20, for comparison. So, you could be looking at $100 RT. At that price, it might be worth it just to book a car service.

Oh, and apparently Lyft isn't allowed at MCO at all.

TeddyinMO

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I noticed the last post on here was from 1/2017 and figured things may have changed since then.

My wife and I just took advantage of some cheap flights and booked a short weekend trip for next month. Currently, I have us staying at the Dolphin, which will be new for us. Has anyone used Uber or Lyft in recent months to/from MCO and the Dolphin? Thanks in advance.

surfsupdon

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I noticed the last post on here was from 1/2017 and figured things may have changed since then.

My wife and I just took advantage of some cheap flights and booked a short weekend trip for next month. Currently, I have us staying at the Dolphin, which will be new for us. Has anyone used Uber or Lyft in recent months to/from MCO and the Dolphin? Thanks in advance.
Used Lyft from MCO to Yacht Club in the morning and it was 34.26 in November and MCO to AKL in the evening and it was 39.35 in October.

Just checked my ride history.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom