News Swan and Dolphin Tower Expansion - The Walt Disney World Swan Reserve

Jon81uk

I would love something on the scale of Cabana Bay. Just go all in.

All of Disney's current moderate hotels a big and sprawling, I don't expect that DIsney will see the need to build tall for a moderate/value hotel. But that is one of the things that is appealling about Cabana Bay, its tall not wide, so less walking.

prberk

I am not sure what it says about us that we can recall ten-year-old conversations that have discussed enough to remember they exist. (Yes, I know a good forum search would come up with something, but if I know @Master Yoda , he probably, like others of us around here, can remember whole threads from that time and know what we are looking for exists when we search it. I know that is true of myself sometimes.)

Either we are old ... or dedicated. And definitely WDW Magic is dedicated.

By the way, it was a pleasant surprise to see Woody's spider avatar. Miss him. I remember that avatar actually moving (like walking spider). He was fun to talk to. He was one who could disagree with you vehemently but be a friend at the same time. I believe he passed away, but I am not sure. I remember that he was ill before his posts stopped. Anyway, I miss him.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I am not sure what it says about us that we can recall ten-year-old conversations that have discussed enough to remember they exist. (Yes, I know a good forum search would come up with something, but if I know @Master Yoda , he probably, like others of us around here, can remember whole threads from that time and know what we are looking for exists when we search it. I know that is true of myself sometimes.)

Either we are old ... or dedicated. And definitely WDW Magic is dedicated.

By the way, it was a pleasant surprise to see Woody's spider avatar. Miss him. I remember that avatar actually moving (like walking spider). He was fun to talk to. He was one who could disagree with you vehemently but be a friend at the same time. I believe he passed away, but I am not sure. I remember that he was ill before his posts stopped. Anyway, I miss him.
It is not so much remembering the conversation (it was one of the first things that came up in a Google search) it was just remembering the urban legend that I sill to this day hear CMs telling guests.

dgp602

if anything pop would maybe be rethemed to art of animation or something, since the idea was originally for the two to share themes

pop will never be torn down and turned into a deluxe

so far the only hotel rooms disney has ever torn down were the garden rooms at the contemporary to build dvc
Didn't they tear down the old Tree houses at Saratoga and replace them with newer versions some years ago?

*Q*

Now that I would support. Pop having a retheme and rename.

It needs it. Even if it's just AoA 2.0

I'm actually the other way around, I find the decades themes way more fun and wish they had built the Legendary Years. But I agree that Pop Century is probably living on borrowed time and will be folded into Art of Animation eventually. They're already halfway there with Roger Rabbit, Baloo and Mowgli, and Lady and the Tramp icons scattered throughout the resort. I just hope they do some parts themed to classic shorts and such. Maybe have a whole section entirely in black and white. That'd be fun.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Didn't they tear down the old Tree houses at Saratoga and replace them with newer versions some years ago?
Yes, but the new designs were nearly identical to the old ones and the full on replacement was a way to meet current building codes. The main difference was a reduction in the amount of square footage that actually touches the ground.

Last edited:

FigmentForver96

All of Disney's current moderate hotels a big and sprawling, I don't expect that DIsney will see the need to build tall for a moderate/value hotel. But that is one of the things that is appealling about Cabana Bay, its tall not wide, so less walking.
I just love the theme. The colors, props and everything make a great resort. Just apply the theme to what they already have.

Monorail_Red_77

I'm actually the other way around, I find the decades themes way more fun and wish they had built the Legendary Years. But I agree that Pop Century is probably living on borrowed time and will be folded into Art of Animation eventually. They're already halfway there with Roger Rabbit, Baloo and Mowgli, and Lady and the Tramp icons scattered throughout the resort. I just hope they do some parts themed to classic shorts and such. Maybe have a whole section entirely in black and white. That'd be fun.

They could go full circle. Pop Century was supposed to be more current in time with Legendary being the earlier part of the century. But once the plans were abandoned they then moved on several years later and made the Legendary more current and it is now AoA. So I think they should keep going and retheme the rest of POP to the early animation years, like the mickey shorts, etc. I think that would be cool.
Maybe they could do a whole Port Orleans thing where they are two resorts in one. Being Riverside and French Quarter. or like All Star Resort with their Movie/Music/Sport sections. To me that will always be one big resort, not three separate ones.

Rob562

I'm pretty sure WDW Village Resort rooms were torn down for SsR no?

The Treehouses stayed, though they were not used for Guests for many many years. All other buildings with guest accommodations were torn down and replaced with the SSR villa buildings. (Most of the front desk and other support buildings were kept and re-purposed to their current use)

The reference to tearing down the treehosues was that the *old* treehouses were demolished and then immediately replaced with what you see now. The new treehosues eliminated the lower level, expanded the upper level slightly, and by doing so actually decreased the square footage touching the ground (just support posts and the central utility column), which is how they were able to get approval from the state Water Management people.

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom