Swan and Dolphin Pool Expansion

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Yeah, the S&D rates have gone up but you can still get some good deals. Of course some of the cuts Disney has made, Magical Express, free parking, free magic bands, help narrow the gap between Disney resorts and the S&D.
They still have restaurants in mothballs and charging $600 a night for a standard…is there even really a “gap”?

Purduevian

Yeah, the S&D rates have gone up but you can still get some good deals. Of course some of the cuts Disney has made, Magical Express, free parking, free magic bands, help narrow the gap between Disney resorts and the S&D.
Honestly is there any Gap between Disney resorts and S&D now? I guess theme? Swalphin is a beautiful resort though.

James Alucobond

And, I do hope an exterior refresh on Swan and Dolphin to bring it more in line with the Reserve's colors happens (same design - just harmonizing the color scheme).
While I don't feel the current color is particularly modern, the complementary salmon-and-green scheme is essentially a hallmark of Graves' work. If you change it, you remove part of his fingerprint as its creator, which I guess is sort of okay but also goes against the reason for selecting a well-known architect to create something in their personal style in the first place.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
I hope they are considering a lazy river. The 2 Hilton’s (Orlando and Bonnet Creek) have very good ones. That alone could sway my decision to stay there.

But with good, comes the not so good. Either increase in resort fee or room rate (or both). Still, it would make for an attractive offer. So long as they aren’t gunning for $600 a night.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
I believe it was AP and Residents.

If you’re part of the Bonvoy program you’ll get it too (maybe not the exact same offer, but similar) depending on tier.

Also if you have the AMEX Bonvoy card you’ll get a free* room night which you can use there.

*I say free - but it’s not really free - Your annual membership fee for the card is what covers that.

Epcot82Guy

While I don't feel the current color is particularly modern, the complementary salmon-and-green scheme is essentially a hallmark of Graves' work. If you change it, you remove part of his fingerprint as its creator, which I guess is sort of okay but also goes against the reason for selecting a well-known architect to create something in their personal style in the first place.

While I agree, they have already removed most of him already. And we now have the conflict of disjointed color vs. honoring the original. I was hoping they would use the color scheme in the new tower, but they took it in a new direction which is noticeable. So we are where we are.

With that, I also should clarify my idea. I don't want an entirely new scheme. Rather, incorporate some of the new colors from the tower's scheme into the Graves colors.

It also solves the issue of the room design. While that is temporary, sitting in the rooms with their cool, blue-gray scheme with the corals, teals, etc. Outside feels noticeably disjointed. Adding in some of those colors would bring cohesiveness.

That's more what I'm thinking.

Thelazer

"The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin already has one of the best main pool areas at Walt Disney World"

Now I dunno about that..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom