Swan and Dolphin Pool Expansion

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
A South Florida Water Management District permit has been filed for a pretty significant expansion of the Swan and Dolphin pool area. This will include the addition of a new playground and two new pools.

1642778163282.png

nicb88

I'm curious, does this mean the beach will be disappearing? It's hard to make out in the diagram if there is still any of it left!

Epcot82Guy

Other than I miss the prices during 2020, I really enjoy the new developments. The Reserve does look like an office tower. And, I do hope an exterior refresh on Swan and Dolphin to bring it more in line with the Reserve's colors happens (same design - just harmonizing the color scheme). But, they are attractive offerings that, in many ways, significantly outweigh Disney's own offerings at that price point.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
I'm curious, does this mean the beach will be disappearing? It's hard to make out in the diagram if there is still any of it left!

Looks like it. The new pool will go out pretty close to the shore line. The section to the left of the new pool is referred to in the plans as "pour in place event lawn surfacing", so I am assuming some sort of artificial grass?

1642788307003.png

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Good to see this coming to fruition. This was the rumor back in 2020 when I was talking with the bartender we typically visit on our trips there. With the addition of the Swan Reserve, they will need the capacity.
I just have to applaud any hotel that is INCREASING amenities…if the rates are going up anyway…there should be some return in the “free market”

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
I just have to applaud any hotel that is INCREASING amenities…if the rates are going up anyway…there should be some return in the “free market”
Extremely rare in these times, considering the laid off 1,000 people in 2020. Some have returned though. This has always been the best value on property since the early 2000's IMHO.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom