SW/AirTran?

Becky

Original Poster
I booked a SW flights "operated by AirTran". They are non-stop both ways. The flights use both a SW and AirTran flight number. On another site someone posted they could not check in for the return flight at the hotel and had to take their bags to MCO since they were booked on SW "operated by AirTran". My question, since my flight is booked through SW and has a SW flight number will I be able to check myself and luggage in at the Disney hotel?

KJ1081

From what I've read, it depends on who you booked the flights through. If you booked through Airtran, all of their policies apply, if you book through SW you fall under their policies. You could book through Airtran and have to pay baggage fees, assigned seating, etc or book the same flight through SW and have to check-in 24 hrs ahead and be assigned a boarding group and have your bags fly free.

I'm in the same situation- both flights are nonstop, flight to MCO operated by SW, flight home Airtran. I was under the impression that since SW is the marketing carrier that I'll be able to use resort airline check-in. I'm interested to hear what anyone else has to say.

bsiev1977

I got lucky in that both my flights for my December trip are nonstop, and are both actual Southwest operated flights, so I won't have any checkin problems coming home.

Tinkerfan4ever

We have flown both SW and Airtran to WDW. We have checked in at our resort for our flight home using both airlines. I know the merger is now in full swing... but they both have allowed you to check in at the resort before, I can't imagine either not allowing it now.

Becky

Original Poster
We have flown both SW and Airtran to WDW. We have checked in at our resort for our flight home using both airlines. I know the merger is now in full swing... but they both have allowed you to check in at the resort before, I can't imagine either not allowing it now.
The issue is that it is one non-stop flight and two airlines. It is a SW flight "OPERATED BY" AirTran. The problem the person,who posted on another site, ran into is at the hotel check in counter they insisted he could not check in there as he was "flying two different airlines".

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom