• Jenna

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dizknee_Phreek

Original Poster
Originally posted by surfsupdon
That was a fun night.

I agree! That was the best tribal council I've ever seen! I felt like those two, especially Rob, finally got what they had coming. Though, my sister and I were hoping that the big twist would be the jury not casting any votes so no one could get the million...that would've been great! Either that or the jury vote for fellow jury members **cough**rupert**cough** :D But anyway, I still loved Lex, Alicia, and Tom's reactions toward the final two....priceless!

CrackerJack

I was telling my wife before the final tribal council that I thought this was one of the worst Survivor years yet. There was little suspense over the past few weeks about who was getting voted out and nobody won immunity when it would have really messed things up (i.e. if Rupert had won the ladder challenge rather than Amber).

But the final tribal council was great !! They repeatedly slammed Rob and Amber. I loved Tom refusing to even shake Rob's hand. But I have to agree with Shii Ann's assessment -- this is what the game has become and many were just bitter because they made stupid mistakes. Lex should have kept Jerri rather than Amber and he blew it. Tom should have aligned with Rupert and Jenna and he blew it. So no sympathy for the losers -- they let Rob and Amber manipulate them and didn't do one thing to try and stop them.

As for the vote, I hope (Indiana native) Rupert wins. I think it will be close between him, Colby, and Rudy. We'll see Thursday ...

Dizknee_Phreek

Original Poster
Originally posted by CrackerJack
I was telling my wife before the final tribal council that I thought this was one of the worst Survivor years yet. There was little suspense over the past few weeks about who was getting voted out and nobody won immunity when it would have really messed things up (i.e. if Rupert had won the ladder challenge rather than Amber).

yeah, I agree. though, Shii Ann's winning immunity messed things up a little bit, but Alicia would've gotten the boot anyway. i wanted Rupert to win immunity so badly last night. the game would've turned out very differently.

So no sympathy for the losers -- they let Rob and Amber manipulate them and didn't do one thing to try and stop them.

yeah, they had plenty of chances to get rob and amber out, but they never did. i can't figure out why they didn't try harder. i guess we'll never know.

Welcome to the forums, CrackerJack! :wave:

disneygirl03

I think Rupert will win the 2nd million dollars. But it would be cool if it were Colby...:)

That was a very interesting reunion show. I'm not surprised about Rob and Amber getting engaged (me and my friend were predicting it very early on). And Ethan and Jenna- who would've thought?!?!?

SpongeScott

Originally posted by Dizknee_Phreek
yeah, they had plenty of chances to get rob and amber out, but they never did. i can't figure out why they didn't try harder. i guess we'll never know.
Although they live the game 24/7, we have the benefit of some hindsight that they don't have. We sit and scream to vote these people off, but they didn't know that each person had an "alliance" with Rob when he only had one real one to begin with. In the heat of the moment, I'm sure that their decision is tough and clouded by emotion, friendships, alliances, sleep deprivation, etc. I'll bet that some of them feel pretty stupid when they see it all played back at the same time we see it.

CrackerJack

Originally posted by SpongeScott
they didn't know that each person had an "alliance" with Rob when he only had one real one to begin with.

I'd have to disagree with that. I think Tom knew that Rupert and Jenna had an alliance with Rob. And they all saw what Rob did to Lex after the merge. It amazed me how many people said (during the run of the show) that they thought they were getting to the final 3 with Rob and Amber (Tom, Alicia, Rupert, Jenna). Why would you even want to do that anyway? They were setting themselves up to lose because there was no way Rob and Amber were breaking their alliance. So you would be 1 against 2 in the final immunity challenge (not real good odds). And with hindsight, knowing what the challenge was, the only one who could really beat Rob and Amber would have been Alicia (sorry Rupert, but there was an element of balance required which you just don't have :( )

I guess I wasn't a big Boston Rob fan and it amazed me how every week he kept everyone following his plan. The only time they questioned him was as their torches were being snuffed out. I guess if I was there, I would always consider getting rid of someone who is regularly winning immunity, regardless of whether I had an alliance with them or not. That way, I would have a better chance of getting immunity the next time which is the only sure way you stay in the game.

SpongeScott

OK, I'll back off the statement that no one else knew. Everything else you said, you are correct about. It's a funny game and it played out the same way when Brian won his million. And you are absolutely right about Rupert--no balance whatsoever. They also got away from water challenges where he had a possibility of beating Boston Rob.

Dizknee_Phreek

Original Poster
As Rupert put it "YEEEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!" :sohappy: He's been through one hell of a year with two back-to-back Survivors...i'm glad it paid off! Good for him!

though, I think Ethan should've won hottest male.

and the return of Johnny Fairplay...i honestly didn't see that one coming. he was as annoying as ever. though...it just makes me wonder how he would've matched up to Rob and Amber...i just wonder how long he could've lasted with those two.

CrackerJack

I was also really glad for Rupert :D He certainly was the hardest working out of all of them. And he seems to have integrity.

Told my wife we should have went down to the Vapour Lounge last night for his party. It looked crazy.

Loved the return of Johnny Fairplay (except when he opened his mouth). That boy cracks me up. Have to start watching wrestling just to see him get his &%*$ kicked.

Only disappointment - Rudy not making the final 4. With the state of our nation today I thought it would be nice to reward someone who has faithfully served his country. Instead (eye-candy) Colby makes it. Blah ... Jeff should have asked him if he was still driving that yellow Aztec around -- that's what America wants to know :animwink:

Wckd Queen

I was soooo happy Rupert won! Actually, I would have had no problem had Colby (who did himself out of the win on Survivor 2) or Big Tom had won that cool mill...just so long as Rob didnt! We were actually speculating that maybe Rupert ran away with the vote, and the producers just tossed Boston Rob into that 'final 4' to add a little drama. Probst seemed happy for Rupert too :)

Is anyone else finding Rob/Amber a bit annoying? While I never liked Boston Rob, I was rather ambivelent about Amber. Now, after seeing her on a couple of shows, I just dont like her.

CamCodey

I'm glad that Rupert won!! My sons are trying to talk dh & I into trying out for Survivor!! After I heard about what all Heidi went through I'm not sure & doubt that I'd make it anyway. She made it sound like CBS is looking for "marathon" type people, of which I am NOT. Besides, I teach my boys at home & what would we do for an income if dh would make it??

On a side note:
We met Heidi Strobel from Survivor Amazon Tuesday night!! She was really nice & sweet & TINY!! Did you know that she was down to about 86 pounds and lost a kidney due to the show??

If I knew how to insert a pic I'd show you one of her with my 3 sons.

I uploade a pic of Heidi into the WDWMAGIC Photo Album!!!
My username is CamCodey or do a search for last posted.

Dizknee_Phreek

Original Poster
Originally posted by CrackerJack
The Indianapolis Star reported this morning that Rupert got 85% of the vote.

To confirm your findings, Rupert also said this morning on The Early Show that he recieved 85%, which he stated to be about 30,000,000 votes (if my calculations are correct, he recieced approx. 32,300,000 votes) No one else stood a chance. :)

btw, I agree with your earlier post. I wish Rudy had been in the final 4. The interviewer on The Early Show asked Rupert who, besides himself, would he have voted for, and he said Rudy. I'm tickled that they've found a friend in each other...Rudy was my first favorite Survivor. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom