Surprising Kids?

Britt

Have any of you surprised your kids with a trip to Disney? How did you? (any videos?)

If you haven't, HOW would you?

We're planning on surprising my 7 year old, my 6 year old (On Friday! HAPPY BDAY!), and my soon to be 2 year old with a trip to Disneyworld, Wizarding World of Harry Potter and a day at the beach! I can not WAIT.

But, I haven't yet decided how we're going to do it. We have to travel to Denver the night before to make our flight out of DIA (we're in the Springs). And we'll be going with my inlaws. As soon as we're going/meeting my inlaws, they'll KNOW somethings up...lol

Any ideas? :D

Britt

Original Poster
Whenever you choose to tell them, whether it's the day of or a week before - the level of excitement you use when you tell them usually has a HUGE effect on their reaction!!! See our video! PS - It was the best trip of our lives!!

OMG I totally cried!! Such beautiful children!!!

Upvote 0

mcurtiss

we knew our daughter would need to plan so we did something for her about a week before we left. We got a Disney Princess jigsaw puzzle and wrote "We're going to Disney" on it. She had to complete to puzzle to know where we were going.

Upvote 0

luv

I gave my son a trip to Uni for his 13th birthday. He was far too cool to jump up and down, but he did smile and say, "Really? Sweet."...which was a big deal back then. :)

Upvote 0

nc_disneyfreak

OMGosh! I think I would cry!!! Man.......I'd almost be to embarrassed to post the reaction if my kids reacted like that...LOL

I've seen one where the parents told their kids they're going to see family in Chattanooga and all the little boy wants to do is go there. Even though the family will ALSO be there, from Chattanooga...haha. From that video, I've learned to uphold whatever we're planning on telling them

So I think we're going to tell them we're going to Denver (we have family that lives there and we usually stay at a hotel), and we're meeting their Great Grandma for dinner, which we'll do. And then right after, spring it on them....that way, hopefully, theres no disappointment. Im that mom that'd be like "FINE. Go stay with your grandparents, I'll go alone"...ROFL
oh yes...good ole' dicks house...a classic

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom