Surprise Trip! - Crowd Level ?

Jages16

Hi everyone,

So I have the best wife in the world! I just got our 5 year anniversary gift and it's a trip to WDW!!!!:sohappy: We are going 10/24 -10/29. Does anyone know how the crows levels are right now leading up to it, and any projections for those dates? Toouring Plans is calling for an 8 on 10/24, so am getting a little worried. Usually have been in September (labor day week) and it's been absolutely dead. But, this year it seems as if some people are saying it's jammed. Thanks for any feedback!

Hi everyone,

So I have the best wife in the world! I just got our 5 year anniversary gift and it's a trip to WDW!!!!:sohappy: We are going 10/24 -10/29. Does anyone know how the crows levels are right now leading up to it, and any projections for those dates? Toouring Plans is calling for an 8 on 10/24, so am getting a little worried. Usually have been in September (labor day week) and it's been absolutely dead. But, this year it seems as if some people are saying it's jammed. Thanks for any feedback!

I have some friends in WDW this week and they said it has been not quite like summer but pretty close. Even if it is jam-packed, at least it's disney world! Enjoy your trip and be sure to post an update when you return!

Upvote 0

NIU EE

Just keep away from EMH parks and you'll be fine. I just got home and I had no crowd issues except one evening at the Magic Kingdom. Nothing like summer though.

Upvote 0

KC82271

The 24th is Saturday, and with the Food and Wine Festival going on, a great amount of locals are there on the weekends.

Haven't been there myself recently that week - last time was 2001 or 2002 - when the crowds were near nothing. So I can't speak for the current state of crowds with all the promotions going on.

Upvote 0

SoccerMickey

Well don't go to Epcot on the Saturday night while you're here, unless you're going to the Party of the Senses. Those are always the most crowded during F&W. Typically towards Halloween the Halloween Parties at the magic Kingdom tend to get a little more crowded too.

Upvote 0

Thurp

Crowd levels have been decent except for this week because of the Columbus Day holiday. Like others said, stay away from Epcot on Saturday and don't forget to that MK will be closing early several nights.

Upvote 0

Kadruk

I am in the parks a few times a week, and I can tell you that it's be quiet around here for the last 2-4 weeks (since mid sept) until last weekend (columbus day weekend) MK was PACKED on Saturday.. some of the worst crowds i've seen since the 4th of july..

Traffic control CM's were all the way back to adventureland..

Still managed to have a good time.. couple of spins on TTA, once on JC, and Mansion.... worth it :)

Upvote 0

monkeysammich

Well, that's good news.

Let us know how the crowds are over the next week or so... I'd love for it to be empty when I get there :)

(I've never actually ridden Soarin' :zipit:)

Upvote 0

KingStefan

First of all, when the touringplans calendar says 4, especially if you choose "best park", during the early and late hours, it will seem deserted.

Second of all, even an 8 can be tolerable if you follow touringplans "best park" and "park to avoid" advice, and the other general advice from the UG. That is, get there at rope drop, use FP wisely, and visit attractions again late in the day (a few hours before closing).

It's interesting that for 10/24, touringplans' "park to avoid" is DS. Is there something special going on at DS that day? There is nothing in the notes column. Normally special events at a park like some of you report will be at EP that day cause the crowd calendar to put that park in parks to avoid.

Is Len around? He can no doubt help if he's available. Maybe I'll PM him.

Upvote 0

TinkSassy

I get there the day you leave. I was hoping for walk on rides like October normally is. :( Oh well - last time I was there was Christmas Day so this should still be better crowd wise.:hammer:

Upvote 0

Jages16

Original Poster
Thanks for the replies everyone. There is a lot of discussion about this topic on the boards and it ranges from parks are dead to summer crowd feeling. I'm going to try and relax (yeah right!) and just wait until I go in a week and a half.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom