Surprise Fastpasses!!

Tarbi

Original Poster
I just wanted to check if this has happened to anyone else. during my last trip to the USA and disneyworld I went to Epcot. I went to et a fastpass from test track with 6 park tickets, (al from differetn members of my family). I first put mine and to my surprise attached to the fastpass was a second fastpass. It read...

"SURPRISE!" this is a surprise fastpass. You can use this to enter Honey I Shrank The Audience anytime afer 2pm.

I got a bit confused at first and continued to put the other tickets in. Just like mine, they also had surprise fastpasses. However just to check I watched the next family put theres in adn they did not get a surprise one. Just wondering if this has happened to anyone else?

I will attach a picture if anyone wants to see it

AddyL

Hmm...that's really interesting! I just got back, and nothing like that happened to me! I guess I'm just not lucky! Maybe they're only doing this in Epcot, to try to get you to stick around until 2pm! :lol:

On a tangentially related note, while we were at the parks, we saw numerous people with blank white plastic cards on black lanyards. These people handed the cards to the cast members either at the end of the queue or at the end of the ride. My father thought that they might be a type of "surprise" fastpass, but it didn't seem to me that these people got to go through the line any faster. Any idea what these are for?

Edited to add: What really surprises me is that the computer knew that all six of you were from the same family! I always hate it when I go to get fast passes for a show, and half of us will have fastpasses for a show at 4:30 and half for a show at 5:30! If the coumputer can figure out that it should give all six of you the surprise fastpass, couldn't it figure out that my family (of 4) should all be in the same show? Even if we had to take the later show, it would be much better if we were all in the same one!

Tarbi

Original Poster
This best thing was that it didnt just detect my family but also my girlfriend. Five memeber of our party were my family and one was my girlfriend, so she had a different surname and adress etc. I know that the family before and after didnt recieve one so the only way I can figure that it works that after a certain amount of fastpasses that it gives you a free one. Therefore my girlfrined and my family would have used the fastpasses the same amount of times.

AddyL

Hmm...my mother has a different surname than the rest of us...maybe that's why we always seem to get split up? But if you don't have an annual pass or an unlimited park hopper, does the computer even know your name?

I guess we just didn't use the fastpasses enough to get a surprise one this year...I'll have to work harder next time! :)

roysta123

The blank white cards on lanyards are called Flik cards I think. They are given to people waiting in line randomly and when that person gives it to the CM when they get on the ride, the CM scans the card and it automatically updates the wait time. I think they do this every 10 - 15 minutes or so.

WendyDarling

Surprise FastPasses

I was working at HISTA on the college program when the surprises fast passes were introduced. They were given out at test track, when you had three hours or more wait to use your fast pass on test track. This was done to get more guest to future world west. If we give you a surprise fast pass then you are more then likely to come over to the other side of future world. Before fast pass started there was like a 15 min wait at most. And most of that waiting was in the preshow area, it was always dead there. When they started the surprise fast pass the wait got up to an hour wait. We were busy. They are thinking about putting other rides for the surprise fast passes. THe surprise fast passes are just something for you to do while you wait. Hope this info helps explain them. :)

AddyL

roysta123, thank you! That was my guess! (Well, not my exact guess, but I was pretty sure it had to do with observing wait times). I'll have to go tell my father I was right! :animwink:

WendyDarling, I envy you! I really, really, REALLY wanted to do the college program, but I couldn't justify taking a semester off school! Not to my parents, anyway. :(

hthbellhop

I really, really, REALLY wanted to do the college program, but I couldn't justify taking a semester off school! Not to my parents, anyway. :(

That's too bad! I had the best time of my life when I did mine, and I'm about to do another this summer and fall. You can get up to 12 credits, it looks GREAT on your resume, and the experience is something that you can't get anywhere else. If you still have the chance to do it...DO IT! :)

Luau Cove

My sister and I took some Test Track fastpasses which came with surprise fastpasses to get into Honey.... Anyway, HISTA's stand-in line was almost as long as the fastpass one. It's just to give you the feeling of being beyond those stand-in line commons :lol:

-->LUAUPASS

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom