Support your local Streetmosphere!

kapeman

Original Poster
I just wanted to note that on my recent trip I had my first opportunity to see the juggler at the Italian pavilion at Epcot.

It was a great show and we all thoroughly enjoyed it.

We also really love the World Showcase players in the UK.

We haven't been able to catch any of the others yet, but we will.

Our all-time favorites are the Citizens of Hollywood at the Studios.

The reason I am writing this is that several contracts for the Citizens were not renewed this year and many wonderful performers have moved on or are only part-time/stand-by.

Please take the time to stop and enjoy these wonderful, interactive and personal performances and if you enjoy them like we do, let Disney management know when you write any letters.

The voice of the guest can make a big difference for these characters.

Thanks!

7thton

I agree. The actors at DHS are great....but I don't see them very often anymore.

Bucky Greenhorn
The Mayor
The Policeman
The Movie Director
The Public Works Guys

Cutbacks I guess...

kapeman

Original Poster
I agree. The actors at DHS are great....but I don't see them very often anymore.

Bucky Greenhorn
The Mayor
The Policeman
The Movie Director
The Public Works Guys

Cutbacks I guess...

Bucky has moved over to the Hoop De Do and Vladimir Pooey is now only used as a fill-in.

Prior to my last trip the Dept of Public Works were still there, but Boss Goobleman was let go and his replacement stunk.

Last week Frederick was there with a new Boss character and no one else. It was late in the day, after the funniest Citizen contest, so I was surprised to see them at all.

The Boss guy seemed more mean spirited than humorously frustrated like Boss Goobleman.

I read there were a couple of other characters that left, but I don't recall the specifics.

Sad. Truly sad.

JIMINYCR

The Citizens of Hollywood at DHS are such fun to watch. They never fail to entertain. They are so unique and add so much to the park, it's such a shame that their contracts are not renewed. Time after time I've seen them attract crowds of people, instantly get them to smile, laugh, interact and enjoy their routines. Pure professionals at their trade. I don't understand why Disney would take that away. I'll let my voice be heard.

graphite1326

Over the years I have been going (at least 15), I have seen the Citizens of HS change completly. So i guess I need to ask; Are there new actors/actresses taking their place or are they cutting down on the characters all together?

7thton

Bucky has moved over to the Hoop De Do and Vladimir Pooey is now only used as a fill-in.

Prior to my last trip the Dept of Public Works were still there, but Boss Goobleman was let go and his replacement stunk.

Last week Frederick was there with a new Boss character and no one else. It was late in the day, after the funniest Citizen contest, so I was surprised to see them at all.

The Boss guy seemed more mean spirited than humorously frustrated like Boss Goobleman.

I read there were a couple of other characters that left, but I don't recall the specifics.

Sad. Truly sad.

Which one is Frederick?

Alztybrn

I saw Jack Diamond in DHS this past June. It was my first time seeing him and he was absolutely fantastic. Loved is show!

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
I just wanted to note that on my recent trip I had my first opportunity to see the juggler at the Italian pavilion at Epcot.

It was a great show and we all thoroughly enjoyed it.

We also really love the World Showcase players in the UK.

We haven't been able to catch any of the others yet, but we will.

Our all-time favorites are the Citizens of Hollywood at the Studios.

The reason I am writing this is that several contracts for the Citizens were not renewed this year and many wonderful performers have moved on or are only part-time/stand-by.

Please take the time to stop and enjoy these wonderful, interactive and personal performances and if you enjoy them like we do, let Disney management know when you write any letters.

The voice of the guest can make a big difference for these characters.

Thanks!

the juggler is amazing and all the showcase players plays are great for a good time!

You must also see the "waiters" in France and of course the woman (her name escapes me) who sculpts the candy in china!!

On the DHS Streetmosphere, anytime i see them i try to stop as losing these people from DHS would be another little touch that makes the disney parks unique to be lost!!!

BigRedDad

I love the street performers. My DD and I were waiting for the rest of our group. She saw Daisy Day sitting in the middle of the street. My DD walked up to her and asked if she fell down and got hurt (DD was 4 at the time). Daisy Day said no and asked her to sit with her. They sat in the middle of Sunset Blvd and chatted for about 5 minutes. DD thought it was so much fun.

We will be looking out for the street performers much more this trip. DD loves to get autographs.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom