Superstar Limo

3IAlienKid

I'm actually disappointed it won't be coming back. True, it's really a bad ride. But being a huge Jackie Chan fan, I'll miss seeing his likeness in my favorite place in the whole world, the Disneyland Resort.

Jodigrl328

When I went and it was open it was broke all the time. What a cheesey ride. I can't believe they built that.

(sorry, don't mean to be negative, but it was definetly one of the cheesiest rides i have ever been on.)

RobFL

Account Suspended
Jim Hill with his endless Disney rants says it could be themed to Miss Piggy of Muppet fame sometime, if Disney ever gets the Muppet rights.

-Rob

bearboysnc

How could a company with such great expertise in dark rides do something so horribly BAD?

AND THEN shutter it, and pretend it doesn't exist?

Turn it into a House of Mouse ride, and be done with it!

dianedisney

I think alot of us have been thinking the same thing for about a year now bearboysnc. How this ride got built is beyond me. The first time I rode it with my daughter in March 2001, we both looked at each other after it was done and we both had this look of disbelief on our faces. I should have know the minute we entered the ride with that Joan Rivers thing having to hear it over and over and over and over before we got on the ride just about drove me over the edge. But......there have been so many rumors as to when it will reopen, what will it be, etc. my belief is they are going to let it gather dust like the sub lagoon in DL has for years. I honestly don't think Disney knows what to do with either ride. :veryconfu . Me....I don't let it bother me anymore I have California Screamin to ride over and over so that makes me a very happy :D camper.

Have a Disney Day!!!:wave:

DLMAGICDARREN

The ride actually has a lot of history,

Originally to be built as a fast themed chase of the paparazzi chasing you, the idea had to be scrapped due to the negative reaction such an attraction would have received after the Princess Di tragedy, and so the Imaginers had to go back to work, and re-think what would work.

Personally I don’t agree with all the negative reviews of the attraction, as to me it was one of DCA’s only dark ride, and the only ride inside Hollywood. It’s really not a lot different then Snow White, or Peter Pan, if you are just willing to step outside of the Disneyland Fantasyland box, and step into what DCA’s original theme was intended to be. It was kind of fun to ride in the previews of DCA, and then into the official opening, as more and more characters showed up in the ride, until they released the final version.

For a park that keeps such un-themed coasters as Mullholland Madness open no problem, I really don’t understand all the bad feelings of SSL.

I guess you never know what they end up doing, a month ago, the talk was the attraction would re-open in October, now even that hope seems to have disappeared. Don’t forget, if it does not re-open, it’s just another empty show building. At least DCA tried something unique, and history world events beyond Disney’s control gave it a double challenge, but I still think it was a cute attraction I would like to see re-opened.

I'm glad I have it on tape.

CalDisney

Well I dont know about anyone else But I personally didnt like the Ride.
But Hey!!
You know what would be great in there?

How about a Monsters Inc Ride??
You know.. the Door Ride:)

dianedisney

Let's see...how to describe Super Star Limo....slow, cartoon images of famous people, Joan Rivers Claymation image on a TV monitor with a 3 minute audio that plays over and over and over while you wait in line. Pretty boring ride, not much imagination put into this ride.

Have a Disney Day!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom