Superhero character dining

Andrew Appleby

Original Poster
Hey. We’re in Florida this August and considering doing the superhero dining for my son.

Has anyone done it and do you think it’s worth it? We could do a Disney character dining instead so just want to get some opinions.

Thanks.

OG Runner

I have to agree. $49.99 appears to be a bit high. I think it would be cool with the "heroes",
but the food looked like something you would get in a cafeteria.

Animaniac93-98

the food looked like something you would get in a cafeteria.

That's because it is a cafeteria...with plastic plates and forks.

$50 would be more appropriate if they held the dinner after hours on the street of MSHI itself (like a private event) and the food was brought to your table too. They could change the BGM, the area lighting, maybe have a DJ etc.

Or UNI could just bite the bullet and build a better Marvel restaurant to put this one in. One that could do breakfast & dinner 7 days a week.

OG Runner

I have reservations for a trip in May, and was honestly surprised at how few character meals Universal has.
My girlfriend wanted to go to the breakfast with the Minions. They only have that character breakfast on
Saturdays. We are traveling to and from on Saturday, so no breakfast with the Minions, and fewer dollars
spent at Universal.

lebeau

They don't even have IronMan!!! How can you even call it a Marvel Dine without IronMan????

When Universal acquired the Marvel rights, Iron Man wasn't remotely popular and the costume would have looked like crud. Not sure if they have the ability to add new characters now that Disney owns Marvel, but if they can they haven't done so.

Squigglove

When Universal acquired the Marvel rights, Iron Man wasn't remotely popular and the costume would have looked like crud. Not sure if they have the ability to add new characters now that Disney owns Marvel, but if they can they haven't done so.

You know, I was wondering what the deal was that Universal and Disney both had Marvel. My son is going on 5, he's getting into superheros; IronMan and Spidrman currently top the list. For some reason I'm failing with my Batman attempts! But maybe Universal should try DC, he loves Teen Titans and Teen Titans GO! I think Teen Titans GO! would fit right in at Universal, personally.

lebeau

You know, I was wondering what the deal was that Universal and Disney both had Marvel. My son is going on 5, he's getting into superheros; IronMan and Spidrman currently top the list. For some reason I'm failing with my Batman attempts! But maybe Universal should try DC, he loves Teen Titans and Teen Titans GO! I think Teen Titans GO! would fit right in at Universal, personally.

The original plan for Marvel Superhero Island was to make it Batman themed. Search the internet and you can find some concept art.

Batman5.jpg

Part of the problem is that Six Flags which used to be owned by Warner Brothers has the rights to the DC Comics characters. It could be negotiated, but at this point Universal has Marvel at a price they would never be able to negotiate. They have no reason to give up that deal even if it means having some restrictions imposed by Disney.

OG Runner

The original plan for Marvel Superhero Island was to make it Batman themed. Search the internet and you can find some concept art.

Batman5.jpg

Part of the problem is that Six Flags which used to be owned by Warner Brothers has the rights to the DC Comics characters. It could be negotiated, but at this point Universal has Marvel at a price they would never be able to negotiate. They have no reason to give up that deal even if it means having some restrictions imposed by Disney.

That is too bad. Universal could definitely do a better job with the DC characters than Six Flags does. Just painting
a coaster purple, then calling it Joker coaster really doesn't use the character to it's potential.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom