Super Smash Bros Land in Islands of Adventure

Brer Oswald

Original Poster
Ok. This started off as a hypothetical replacement for Marvel Superhero Island, but I thought it was an interesting idea to bring here. It is very likely that Universal will add more Nintendo themed areas after Mushroom Kingdom. Everyone knows Mario, Pokémon, and maybe Zelda. However, there are other IPs that are popular enough for an attraction...but likely not popular enough for an entire dedicated land. That’s where the Smash land comes in!

I want to hear your ideas. I will share mine later. The only real restriction is that the headliner attraction would have to be a crossover Super Smash Bros. E ticket. I know some of you don’t care about Nintendo, but some of you do! Some IP to choose from include Kirby, Star Fox, Metroid, Splatoon, Animal Crossing, etc.

Parker41056

Neat post and one that I've thought about before. In the past, I've posted about bringing a Smash Land to Universal Studios IOA area where Sinbad closed. Here is my idea for Smash Island:

1) Convert the old Sinbad show to a new live action Smash Bros stunt show. This would be a cool place to showcase several of the characters that would otherwise not get an attraction or any focus as far as a land. The show would feature a 'top of the line' light and sound package complete with special effects and abilities by the different characters. The seating area could be set up in sections where, depending on where you sit, will determine if you are the winner for that show. The main characters (Mario, Peach, Donkey Kong, Luigi) of the show would remain each time but the supporting characters could rotate a few times a day to keep the show fresh. Area would also host the lands main meet and greet section.

2) Replace Fire Eater's Grill with an Animal Crossing Themed experiences. Include a kid friendly area of the restaurant with interactive exhibits and kids sized play areas.

3) Re-skin Poseidon's Fury with a Zelda/Link themed attraction with Hyrule overlay. Incorporate some puzzles as part of the overaul experience.

4) Construct a new attraction (Rectangle box below) as a new trackless dark ride where you choose your avatar/character and then board a ride vehicle where you fight the characters from smash with the capabilities of your chosen character. This would be a shooter style attraction with seats that rumble and a top quality light and sound package. Perhaps you can unlock special character by doing certain things within the land such as: unlocking a puzzle at Zelda, choose winning section at Smash Show, up size your meal/buy a dessert at Animal Crossing, etc.. (Also considered a more thrilling Metroid themed shooting attraction with drops and spins but I think the Smash Dark ride would be more appealing and more family fiend to most guests).

5) Create a F-Zero hanging coaster. The Ride vehicle itself will be a larger hanging F-Zero vessel with buttons, levers, knobs, and a control dashboard. Build a dome around the attraction and allow the vehicle to have elements both inside and outside.. The inside will incorporate projection mapping to showcase the feeling of racing.

Thoughts?

Brer Oswald

Original Poster
Neat post and one that I've thought about before. In the past, I've posted about bringing a Smash Land to Universal Studios IOA area where Sinbad closed. Here is my idea for Smash Island:

1) Convert the old Sinbad show to a new live action Smash Bros stunt show. This would be a cool place to showcase several of the characters that would otherwise not get an attraction or any focus as far as a land. The show would feature a 'top of the line' light and sound package complete with special effects and abilities by the different characters. The seating area could be set up in sections where, depending on where you sit, will determine if you are the winner for that show. The main characters (Mario, Peach, Donkey Kong, Luigi) of the show would remain each time but the supporting characters could rotate a few times a day to keep the show fresh. Area would also host the lands main meet and greet section.

2) Replace Fire Eater's Grill with an Animal Crossing Themed experiences. Include a kid friendly area of the restaurant with interactive exhibits and kids sized play areas.

3) Re-skin Poseidon's Fury with a Zelda/Link themed attraction with Hyrule overlay. Incorporate some puzzles as part of the overaul experience.

4) Construct a new attraction (Rectangle box below) as a new trackless dark ride where you choose your avatar/character and then board a ride vehicle where you fight the characters from smash with the capabilities of your chosen character. This would be a shooter style attraction with seats that rumble and a top quality light and sound package. Perhaps you can unlock special character by doing certain things within the land such as: unlocking a puzzle at Zelda, choose winning section at Smash Show, up size your meal/buy a dessert at Animal Crossing, etc.. (Also considered a more thrilling Metroid themed shooting attraction with drops and spins but I think the Smash Dark ride would be more appealing and more family fiend to most guests).

5) Create a F-Zero hanging coaster. The Ride vehicle itself will be a larger hanging F-Zero vessel with buttons, levers, knobs, and a control dashboard. Build a dome around the attraction and allow the vehicle to have elements both inside and outside.. The inside will incorporate projection mapping to showcase the feeling of racing.

Thoughts?

View attachment 370346
I always figured Zelda would take over Lost Continent, but I like your ideas! My favourite is the F-Zero one. I never even considered enclosing it in a dome. That’s a really interesting concept!

Parker41056

I always figured Zelda would take over Lost Continent, but I like your ideas! My favourite is the F-Zero one. I never even considered enclosing it in a dome. That’s a really interesting concept!
Yeah, a dome idea would be neat. I can imagine a really thrilling projection show while racing along in the F-Zero ride vehicle. I think the stage show could really be next gen too.

Rich T

This is a bit off the wall, but after riding Mission Breakout at DCA, I think something similar could make a fantastic Smash Bros. Ride. That combination of energetic music, screen CGI and crazy-intense use of the Tower of Terror drop system to create about two minutes of non-stop drops, rises and out-of-your seat airtime would create the intense feeling of a great round of Smash. The ride could be themed to a Smash Gym/Training facility, and you go in as an "observer"... but then the force field on your spectator box fails or something and you get caught up in the chaos. Every time you pause at a screen, an on-screen character gets slammed toward you, catapulting you up, or a structure on screen breaks and you fall. I think this could work. :D And DEFINITELY use the same announcer as the game!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom