Super hero section at DL coming??

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
They can't use MARVEL characters that are tied to the Universal contract at WDW, but Disneyland can use any of them. This link explains it

https:///2019/06/walt-disney-world-isnt-getting-marvel-land-ba1/

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Did anyone else see this?

https://ew.com/movies/2019/06/14/disneyland-planning-marvel-land/

for some reason I thought they could not contractually put many of the marvel action figures into the parks.
We’ve long been discussing this topic over in this thread

eliza61nyc

Original Poster
We’ve long been discussing this topic over in this thread

Sorry, I swear I am the worst with using the search function. I really did try to look for a thread.

Mods can it be deleted, don't want to clutter up the forum

Disney Irish

Premium Member
How about to pay homage to its predecessor and they call it ... “It’s a Marvelous Land?”

Also the question mark isn’t just there for correct punctuation. I think it should actually be in there.
If you're really looking to pay homage then it should be called something with either Timely Comics or Atlas Comics which were the true predecessor to Marvel Comics. Stan Lee himself got his start at Timely Comics and rose through the ranks of each company name change until it became Marvel Comics in 1961 and he took it over in 1972.

But if we're being honest I have a feeling the land will be named something for either Tony Stark. Which given all the Stark Industries graphics on the construction walls and in the concept art would make sense. Or will be just simply something like West Coast Avengers HQ.

mickEblu

If you're really looking to pay homage then it should be called something with either Timely Comics or Atlas Comics which were the true predecessor to Marvel Comics. Stan Lee himself got his start at Timely Comics and rose through the ranks of each company name change until it became Marvel Comics in 1961 and he took it over in 1972.

But if we're being honest I have a feeling the land will be named something for either Tony Stark. Which given all the Stark Industries graphics on the construction walls and in the concept art would make sense. Or will be just simply something like West Coast Avengers HQ.

I hope not. I really don’t want to see Tony Starks name on the map or any single characters name in the name of the land. Even Mickeys Toontown would be better if they took the “Mickey” out.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I hope not. I really don’t want to see Tony Starks name on the map or any single characters name in the name of the land. Even Mickeys Toontown would be better if they took the “Mickey” out.
Well just a feeling but, "Stark Industries presents West Coast Avengers HQ" is what I'm leaning toward.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom