Sunshine Flyer VS Mears

KrzyKtty

Original Poster
I know this is a long shot since both services are still relatively new, but has anybody used both the Sunshine Flyer and the Mears transportation services? If so, what were your thoughts between the two? Is one handstone better than the other?

Nordic4tKnight

I don't know about Sunshine Flyer but we went in late March - early April and had a great experience with Mears. Only waited 5-10 minutes and were the 2nd resort stop. Picked up promptly to the airport too.

Artemicon

I don't know about Sunshine Flyer but we went in late March - early April and had a great experience with Mears. Only waited 5-10 minutes and were the 2nd resort stop. Picked up promptly to the airport too.
For your return trip to the airport, was the pickup the "usual" 3~ hours before your departure time that DME used to do?

Artemicon

We're thinking about giving it a shot, but we own at AKL, so essentially the furthest away from the airport that you can get... I'm not a betting man, but I would wager that we'll be the last to be dropped off and the first to be picked up. I think we may try it this trip just for the sake of providing feedback.

KwikE

Has any one tried sunshine flyer recently? The cost for me when doing reasearch. Mears was $250 roundtrip and Sunshine was $118

Geek4WDW

Will be flying in a few weeks and have spent a LOT of time trying to research, Mear, Sunshine, Uber/Lyft and Quicksilver. Not a lot of negative reviews for Ubers/Lyft people post they don't wait long for pick up. A blogger flying solo recently stated he paid about $45 each way for his trip, but that was for 1 person. I'll be traveling as a party of 4 so we will require a larger vehicle. Mears has a lot of complaints, they pick up at airport without issues, people posted it 1-2 1/2 hours to arrive at hotel due to all the stops, however numerous posted they never get pick up from Hotel and no there is no customer support, most stated they had to call Uber/Lyft in order not to miss return flight. Sunshine reviews also have similar issues, good pick up from airport but return trip issue's, being left at hotel. Quicksilver looks to be expensive, very few negative reviews, majority are great reviews. I think I am going to use Quicksilver. I am a planner and knowing someone will be there to pick me up both ways is reassuring. I have decided that will not use Mears, just read their reviews yourself and it should be a no brainer.

RememberWhen

Will be flying in a few weeks and have spent a LOT of time trying to research, Mear, Sunshine, Uber/Lyft and Quicksilver. Not a lot of negative reviews for Ubers/Lyft people post they don't wait long for pick up. A blogger flying solo recently stated he paid about $45 each way for his trip, but that was for 1 person. I'll be traveling as a party of 4 so we will require a larger vehicle. Mears has a lot of complaints, they pick up at airport without issues, people posted it 1-2 1/2 hours to arrive at hotel due to all the stops, however numerous posted they never get pick up from Hotel and no there is no customer support, most stated they had to call Uber/Lyft in order not to miss return flight. Sunshine reviews also have similar issues, good pick up from airport but return trip issue's, being left at hotel. Quicksilver looks to be expensive, very few negative reviews, majority are great reviews. I think I am going to use Quicksilver. I am a planner and knowing someone will be there to pick me up both ways is reassuring. I have decided that will not use Mears, just read their reviews yourself and it should be a no brainer.
Can you report back and let us know how it goes? We’re trying to decide what to use for our July trip and aren’t excited about any of the choices.

KrzyKtty

Original Poster
I ended up booking Tiffany Towncar. It's price for a round trip was comparable to what Uber was quoting for an XL. Then when you add surge pricing to it, it probably wasn't any cheaper. Tiffany's was 195 round trip and includes a stop at the grocery store for 20 minutes.

Last edited:

firecatgirl

We used Mears, 4 adults RT for $128. Same busses and location in the airport that were use to. Our driver did play the Disney cartoon's too.

Our experiences was pleasant and problem free thankfully. Our flight there was late but we didn't have any issues with our ride and for our pick up for the airport we were picked us up at 4:40am, flight left at 8:05am

I had to call the day before our flight home because I accidently deleted my email so they resent me the confirmation and I got text updates and a link to track the driver that morning.

I just booked it again for our trip in August so fingers crossed we have another good report.

We did see the Sunshine bus and looked really nice too.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
We've used Star Trans VIP multiple times and they're AMAZING. LIKE, hands down just absolutely great. They've been prompt, clean, and wonderfully responsive. And when Shades of Green was having construction and made them pick us up on the fifth floor of the parking garage they handled the confusing situation with a lot more grace than I did. Plus they'll make a courtesy stop at a grocery store to pick up water if you want. With tip it worked out to about $100 each way and you get picked up on a luxury town car. They have larger vehicles though for bigger groups.

Gran Fiesta

We used Mears, 4 adults RT for $128. Same busses and location in the airport that were use to. Our driver did play the Disney cartoon's too.

Our experiences was pleasant and problem free thankfully. Our flight there was late but we didn't have any issues with our ride and for our pick up for the airport we were picked us up at 4:40am, flight left at 8:05am

I had to call the day before our flight home because I accidently deleted my email so they resent me the confirmation and I got text updates and a link to track the driver that morning.

I just booked it again for our trip in August so fingers crossed we have another good report.

We did see the Sunshine bus and looked really nice too.
So for the flight back home did they send you a message about what time they will pick you up like they used to with DME? Also how did you get text updates?

kalel8145

I ended up booking Tiffany Towncar. It's price for a round trip was comparable to what Uber was quoting for an XL. Then when you add surge pricing to it, it probably wasn't any cheaper. Tiffany's was 195 round trip and includes a stop at the grocery store for 20 minutes.
Out of curiosity, would you mind saying what the Uber cost was? 🤔

NeverEnufDisney

We used Mears and while we did not get Disney cartoons we did get decent service at a good price. Our return driver was particularly punctual and nice.

Geek4WDW

Geek4WDW

We are back from WDW trip using Quicksilver Transportation. The experience was ok. We paid $110 each way for a towncar. The owner did tell me in advance that the towncar will be a tight fit for 4 adults and 4 suitcases, it that was a true statement, we had stuff on our laps to fit. Communication was good since our departure flight was delayed. The driver was waiting for us at baggage. He was very quiet the entire drive and he drove kinda wildly, my husband sitting in the front was nervous. We had a stop at a publix and grabbed a few snacks, only a few because that was all that we could fit in the car. The return trip, a new driver was there, he was very friendly, and it was a Surburban, no extra charge, which was a beautiful car and a nice drive, it was the only vehicle available. I will state it was nice to have a car waiting when we arrived, we went right to the hotel, but for $220.00, then an additional tip, I don't think I would do it again, not for the towncar and the Surburban is way too expensive for me. We won't be heading back to WDW, it just isn't the same anymore.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom