Summer Progams?

GoofBall06

Original Poster
I saw that my college is having another information session for the college program and it lists May 2008-August 2008 as a progam. I thought this was only for Alumni. Does Disney take non-alumni to work during the summer months?

joanna71985

The past 2 years only alumni have been allowed to go down just for the summer. It may change for next year, but currently summer is alumni-only.

csaribay

That's very interesting. The international programs sometimes have limited opportunities for first time candidates to participate, but the only domestic program offered for the coming summer was the Summer Alumni Program (which was closed due to overwhelming response a while back).

If you're interested in the opportunity being marketed at one of the schools, I'd highly encourage you to attend the information session to gather more information. While I'm not familiar with any additional domestic programs that allowing summer participants (and to my knowledge no other programs have been marketed recently), it doesn't mean that it doesn't exist- you certainly can check it out. If there's any contact information on the session notices, you might want to contact those people ahead of time to ask about this.

Having said that, it's somewhat more likely that they're recruiting for the normal Fall/Fall Advantage seasons, and the session notification may have been a misprint.

flower4pwr

I saw that my college is having another information session for the college program and it lists May 2008-August 2008 as a progam. I thought this was only for Alumni. Does Disney take non-alumni to work during the summer months?

I have a friend who did a summer only program as a non-alumni so it does happen! Also, this was a year where they had an alumni only program offered. This was in 2006, though and Disney had a special program with her school. A bunch of them went with chaperones or something like that. They only took 6 students in the school group so it was much more competitive.
Go to the presentation, as others have said it's most likely a mis-print, but not necessarily!

joanna71985

I have a friend who did a summer only program as a non-alumni so it does happen! Also, this was a year where they had an alumni only program offered. This was in 2006, though and Disney had a special program with her school. A bunch of them went with chaperones or something like that. They only took 6 students in the school group so it was much more competitive.
Go to the presentation, as others have said it's most likely a mis-print, but not necessarily!

No, it is a mis-print. The summer program is just for alumni this summer, and it is already full.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom