Summer included!-AP Seasonal Block Out dates

DisneyNirvana

I might keel over right now folks!! My husband was reading through the latest Mickey Monitor( Feb.) for annual passholders and he brought this to my attention.

In small print on the bottom of the last page, called "passholder calendar" it says the following (very disturbing, may I add):

Seasonal Block out dates: April 8-21, 2006; June 10- August 17th, 2006
THAT'S THE WHOLE SUMMER!!!!!!
and also Dec. 22, 2006 5, 2007

Somebody tell me this ain't happening! Does this mean that there will be NO AP room discounts offered for this summer?? I've been holding out for June dates! :( :cry: :cry: :cry:

Neverwhere

As other's have said, those are for seasonal ticket holders. AP rates should still come out as always. People always freak out that there will be no AP rates, and there always are. You know, when I went to AKL last week, I called and got an AP rate on a savanna view room SIX DAYS before my arrival date. No worries.

Although why anyone would choose to go during peak season or the early part of the summer is beyond me. :lookaroun

Upvote 0

specialwishes

"Why anyone would go to the park during summer is beyond me". . .

The reason why we go for two weeks every summer, the end of June and first week of July, is because that is when my DH's shutdown at work is and we have our vacation then. I take ANY opportunity to go to WDW:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: . I have been there summer, fall, winter, and spring. I find there are good things about each season, and the bad things don't seem as bad when you are at the most magically place on earth!!!!:D :D :D :D

Upvote 0

specialwishes

Getting into AKL

We went to WDW this past week, on February 11th. We stayed at the Dolphin for two nights. On the 13th I called to see if it was possible to get into AKL. I did with the passholder rate of $130.00 tax included. We checked in the next morning for two nights!!!!! You just never know. Always, always keep trying

Upvote 0

lawyergirl77

specialwishes said:
The reason why we go for two weeks every summer, the end of June and first week of July, is because that is when my DH's shutdown at work is and we have our vacation then. I take ANY opportunity to go to WDW:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: . I have been there summer, fall, winter, and spring. I find there are good things about each season, and the bad things don't seem as bad when you are at the most magically place on earth!!!!:D :D :D :D
Ditto. Yeah, it's hot and crowded. However the parks close later and there are more showing of the parades, fireworks, shows etc...

Each season has its pros and cons. Yes, there are aspects of the off-peak times that are pleasant, but summer is absolutely fantastic if you're smart about it. :wave:

See you in July, specialwishes!! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

Neverwhere

specialwishes said:

I said why anyone would choose to go at that time. I noticed you left that word out. It appears that that is when you can travel. Not necessarily when you choose to. If it works for you, great.

Personally, I'd rather value season for less heat, crowds and costs. I'm lucky that I can take vacation from work whenever I want.

Upvote 0

specialwishes

"Why anyone would go to the park during summer is beyond me". . .

Also, in the summer the parks are open late and E-nights are usually wonderful then. Only one time was is overcrowded for E-nights. We find that if we eat dinner late and then show up at MK right before closing and get our braclets, we basically walk onto any ride. We just go late and outstay most people! It is a matter of being smart about it and good planning. I like lounging around the pool while everybody is at the park and going after dark. It keeps the pool crowd down during the day if they are all at the park!!!! When are you going to be there lawyergirl77 and where are you staying? Do you know yet? I'm going the end of April also. My DD is down there in the careerstart college program and we are going to go see her. She LOVES being there!

Upvote 0

specialwishes

wording

Neverwhere,
I'm sorry if I upset you. I was just pointing out why possibly people go in the middle of summer. You are correct, I did leave the word choose out. We can go other times, but we spend the largest period of time in the summer. Sorry if it seemed I was jumping on you.:animwink:

Upvote 0

MissM

Seasonal AP's always have the majority of the summer blocked out. Every. Single. Year. That's why they're seasonal.

Most years they open the blackout dates earlier anyway. Though why anyone in their right mind would endure walking around in 12+ UV index sun and over 100F heat and humidity with crazy crowds is beyond me. FL residents are smart enough to know they don't want to go in the summer! :lol: That's for tourists.
-m

Upvote 0

napnet

MissM said:
FL residents are smart enough to know they don't want to go in the summer! :lol: That's for tourists.

Having lived in Florida for most of my life, the last thing i want to do is be outside in the summer during the day!!! I got the seasonal pass for that reason.... the only thing a regular AP might be good for is the parking but 100 (x2) more isnt worth it. I dont go 25 times a year so the Seasonal AP is cheaper.

The really nice thing about the Seasonal AP is i cant go during the times i would least enjoy it anyways (crowds, heat, rain, humidity, etc). The time that are open are usually the less crowded times which is enjoyable.

Upvote 0

Neverwhere

specialwishes said:
Neverwhere,
I'm sorry if I upset you. I was just pointing out why possibly people go in the middle of summer. You are correct, I did leave the word choose out. We can go other times, but we spend the largest period of time in the summer. Sorry if it seemed I was jumping on you.:animwink:

No worries. I can understand it. I just wouldn't do it if I could help it. Of course, I live in a place where it's usually freezing so 95 degree days are like mega culture shock for me. :eek:

Upvote 0

DisneyNirvana

Original Poster
WHEW! Yes, I found out that I was mistakenly confusing the annual pass with the seasonal pass.....thank goodness! I called Disney and they clarified it to me. I guess I jumped the gun, but I turned to this discussion board for expert information! And, I got a quick reply.....thanks to everybody!

I am become impatient waiting for AP discounts for June. I want to start writing my itinerary!

Upvote 0

Epcot82Guy

I do agree that summer is not the most preferable time, but it definitely has its perks as highlighted. Going for F&W or Holidays (if I'm hitting the crowds, give me some cool lights at least) is the best IMHO, but I'll take a trip when I can.

WDW Bound in August! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

mhead

Neverwhere said:
As other's have said, those are for seasonal ticket holders. AP rates should still come out as always. People always freak out that there will be no AP rates, and there always are. You know, when I went to AKL last week, I called and got an AP rate on a savanna view room SIX DAYS before my arrival date. No worries.

Although why anyone would choose to go during peak season or the early part of the summer is beyond me. :lookaroun

AP rate smay usually come out, but they do not ALWAYS come out - just ask me and the other lucky guests that were caught in the blackhole period between codes and BRP last year.:hammer:

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Hi all, AP rates have come out for late April thru early June. thus far I havent been able to get them online but I was able to price out a room via phone. Please feel free to E mail me for help with booking a room at the AP rate within that time frame!!! As always there is never a charge for booking a room with Kingdom Konsultants!!! Belle

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom