Summer Discounts

ZachPL

I have a room booked at Port Orleans Riverside for the end of June, it's only for three days and I booked it two months ago, but does anyone know if they would adjust the price? I see its listed as a possible 10% discount.

Upvote 0

Amos1784

I don't understand why I have such difficulty with the MDE website. I was checking prices yesterday for the dates of 5/30-6/2 there was tons of availability. Today I sign in with the same exact dates just to see if prices have changed with the new announcement and it shows me that there is not one hotel available in that time frame. Not one. I'm not picking any specific deal or room category either. This has consistently happened to me, however if I clear my browsing history or sign in under my husbands MDE account then all of a sudden rooms appear different. Very frustrating when all you are trying to do is drop thousands on rooms and they can't even show you what is available consistently across the board. Does anyone else have this problem?

Upvote 0

DisneyJoe

I don't understand why I have such difficulty with the MDE website. I was checking prices yesterday for the dates of 5/30-6/2 there was tons of availability. Today I sign in with the same exact dates just to see if prices have changed with the new announcement and it shows me that there is not one hotel available in that time frame. Not one. I'm not picking any specific deal or room category either. This has consistently happened to me, however if I clear my browsing history or sign in under my husbands MDE account then all of a sudden rooms appear different. Very frustrating when all you are trying to do is drop thousands on rooms and they can't even show you what is available consistently across the board. Does anyone else have this problem?
You're making the assumption that the Disney website(s):
1 - works properly all of the time
2 - doesn't have rules that work to change the site behavior based on what you already have booked or have previously traveled or have searched for. Many travel sites are accused of doing this.

Your best bet is to call them on the phone, I find you get the least biased results that way.

Upvote 0

AshaNeOmah

I've had problems like this pretty consistently. I assume the demand skyrockets so much when discounts are released, that resorts just fill up that quickly. That's probably naive of me, though, and it probably is just a buggy site or sale tactic to get me to book.

Better hurry, only one room left out of the thousands on site!

Upvote 0

DisneyJoe

I've had problems like this pretty consistently. I assume the demand skyrockets so much when discounts are released, that resorts just fill up that quickly. That's probably naive of me, though, and it probably is just a buggy site or sale tactic to get me to book.

Better hurry, only one room left out of the thousands on site!
No, demand is pretty insane during the first week of these offers and it overloads their sites and does fill up rooms fast.

Upvote 0

Amos1784

You're making the assumption that the Disney website(s):
1 - works properly all of the time
2 - doesn't have rules that work to change the site behavior based on what you already have booked or have previously traveled or have searched for. Many travel sites are accused of doing this.

Your best bet is to call them on the phone, I find you get the least biased results that way.

I get that most sites use these tactics, I'm just saying in my opinion it is so frustrating. I shouldn't have to play games and sign in through multiple accounts and clear browsers just to see what actually is available in a place with 30,000+ hotel rooms. And yes, I could call, but there are times I am pricing out multiple days/weekends all with different start and end times, it would be nice if the information was just transparent. I am aware that discounts were just announced and this might be a "bug" however this happens nearly every time I am pricing out resorts at WDW, not just at high traffic times. Guess its just the downfalls of living in the digital age where everything can be manipulated in seconds.

Upvote 0

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
Save up to 25% but hey now you have to pay for parking so.....
Oh and it's not free dining anymore, it's now kids eat free when everyone else is on the dining plan....

Upvote 0

ThatMouse

I'm guess the construction is really messing up the pricing on moderates. $250+ for Port Orleans doesn't seem worth it at all. Thanks for posting when discounts come out though. Disney never emails us about these (you think they would!)

Upvote 0

kbmum

I just tried to get the discount applied to my existing cash reservation at Copper Creek for a trip in July. They won't give me the rate because the room type is no longer available for the dates of my trip. In the past, my family has always been able to get a discount applied, even if the room type was sold out.

Upvote 0

Nagels56

I just tried to get the discount applied to my existing cash reservation at Copper Creek for a trip in July. They won't give me the rate because the room type is no longer available for the dates of my trip. In the past, my family has always been able to get a discount applied, even if the room type was sold out.

Same here. We are staying at the Poly in July and the discount only seems to apply Pool/Marina views. We currently are staying in a Standard room.

Upvote 0

Horizons1

The outcry from so many in the parking thread about how this would be the last straw is funny when you come to this thread and see “Oh boy! Discounts!”. Lol.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom