summer closings at WDW?

LESLIECOOL

Original Poster
Does anybody know if there have ever been any closings in WDW in the summer due to capacity reasons.

I'm leaving in 6 days and want to see if I could rest easy::sohappy:

Disneyfalcon

I assume you mean entire park closings. There probably have been, but I would guess you'll be fine. The super busy times are around July 4th. Have fun!:sohappy:

Pixie Duster

We closed due to capacity a few times this year already. We are expecting a pretty busy summer. There is no need to worry, just don't be shocked if it does happen.

Are you staying at a Disney resort this visit?

soccer9miahamm

I remember one time that we were down there in Oct. and Magic Kingdom was closed because it had reached capacity. I think that it is like 65,000 or something.

Originally posted by tigsmom
I've been to WDW at various times during the year when they have closed the parks due to high attendance. If you are staying on site though you can still get in. Thats one of the perks. :sohappy:

Thats not necessicarily true. There are different degrees of a park closure. One being to that of day guests...the other being to everyone, resort guests included...I worked a series of these days around Christmas and new years, turning people away at the resort docks...You may be able to board the transportation, but they may still not let you through the turnstyles.

awallaceunc

So, if you already have tickets, but then can't get in, what is their response to that?

Also, if you're in the park, and leave for dinner, and then come back, is it possible that you won't be let back in with your handstamp?

-Aaron

Thrawn

Account Suspended
By dinner, it is usually way under capacity. They don't close it for the day, just until people in park go under a certain number.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom