Sumbarine Voyage and nemo sumbarines

testtracker

Original Poster
Ok, first haven't heard about either one. Is this a rumor or has it been confirmed? Does anyone know whether it will be somewhat like 20k or is this totally different?

ToTBellHop

it will be like the old Submarine Voyage but with a lot of upgrades to a Finding Nemo theme. It will be confirmed by Disney on May 4-5 and construction walls have just gone up around the entire lagoon.

CaliSurfer182

Does anybody have pictures of the construction walls being up? It has been almost two years since I have been back to DL, due to my Florida transfer. I really hope they don't get rid of the submarine ride (like they did at WDW), that was the first big ride I did with my mom, and I always thought it was so cool. It will be different to see it with the Nemo overlay (if that is the truth in what they plan), but as long as it keeps the ride around that is cool with me!

ScrapIron

CaliSurfer182 said:
Does anybody have pictures of the construction walls being up? It has been almost two years since I have been back to DL, due to my Florida transfer. I really hope they don't get rid of the submarine ride (like they did at WDW), that was the first big ride I did with my mom, and I always thought it was so cool. It will be different to see it with the Nemo overlay (if that is the truth in what they plan), but as long as it keeps the ride around that is cool with me!
I've seen one or two recently at either miceage or mouseplanet.

Cheers

ToTBellHop

CaliSurfer182 said:
http://www.miceage.com/mc/mc041305a.htm go down halfway. They are definitely not removing the subs.

imagineer boy

I'm really hoping for no Nemo theme. Nemo won't work in tomorrowland! It won't! Just bring back the subs with better special effects, and keep the future theme! No nemo! No nemo! No nemo! Put him somewhere else!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dr.Seeker

I think it'll work, any submarine voyage is an exploration of sorts, and that is a part of Tomorrowland. Nemo was the name of the captain of the Nautilus too.Also it will help boost crowd attendance, and at least it's not "Harry Potter and the Lagoon of Fishes".

bomafrunch

Dr.Seeker said:
I think it'll work, any submarine voyage is an exploration of sorts, and that is a part of Tomorrowland. Nemo was the name of the captain of the Nautilus too.Also it will help boost crowd attendance, and at least it's not "Harry Potter and the Lagoon of Fishes".

What on earth are you talking about?!?!?!

Don't you mean "Harry Potter and the Rise of the Death Eater Fish"

Seriously, it's I'm going to DL any time soon (budget :mad: ), but I don't think Nemo would work in Tomorrowland. He's not from the future that never was. Nemo is from the "now." Hope this doesn't turn out like Stitch in FL.

Dr.Seeker

It's not just that, Tomorrowland is about invention and technologies-like a combination of Futureworld and Fantasyland. But I'm willing to let this drop. coughbuzzlightyearcough

jrriddle

imagineer boy said:
I'm really hoping for no Nemo theme. Nemo won't work in tomorrowland! It won't! Just bring back the subs with better special effects, and keep the future theme! No nemo! No nemo! No nemo! Put him somewhere else!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I agree with you (and others) that Nemo doesn't belong in Tomorrowland. And I'm getting tired of the Pixar attractions.
BUT
I have to admit between what Hill and Al have told us about this attraction I'm kind of looking forward to seeing it.
Just the AA Seaguls screaming "Mine! Mine!" whenever the sub passes made me laugh in my head. (I hope they get something like that for TLS at Epcot).
Besides with the rumour that the Motorboat Cruise is being drained and turned into a future expansion area, perhaps the lines will be redrawn so that the subs are not a part of Tomorrowland anymore.

CSUFSteve

I agree with concerns over the transition of Tomorrowland but I think we all have to acknowledge that Tomorrowland plain needs help, and I kinda think any help is good help at this point. As I've said, the Imagineers' (and Matt's actually) basic strategy is to get attendance flowing into Tomorrowland. Attendance will justify future investment. Buzz and Nemo are both steps in the right direction because, as long as we don't give 'em a Pooh treatment, they should be no-brainers for drawing in crowds. And getting crowds that far back into Tomorrowland is also a necessary goal.

Proposed expansion area includes not only Motor Boat, but potentially the land that was originally "Fantasyland Autopia" as well. Although that sort of conflicts with the planned overlay of Cars. Just have to see how it plays out. I'm so dying to know what the blue-sky plans are for that area. But word is that will *not* be Alice's Curious Labyrinth as once proposed.

Personally, I've always favored the idea of a Mission Space in the Carousel building. Whether or not you think it's the greatest attraction since sliced bread, it's irrelevant. I think Mission Space would work really well in our Tomorrowland and it would be a great draw to bring people back into Tomorrowland. Keep the same show building, knock the friggin' center area with Radio Disney and the silly "satellite", add exterior to the original building to accomodate any pre-show, inside queue area, and presto. Although the backstage area behind Innoventions (R2P2,Innoventions gate) isn't terribly utilized anymore (Cash Control, ODV, Food Ops Scheduling), you still have to have fire clearance as Disneyland found out during the Skyway fiasco :) (Yes, I was working that day)

Steve

ScrapIron

On the other hand, a few years ago I rode into Tomorrowland on a Steam train, passing gasoline powered cars while a band impersonating the Beatles was on stage.

Cheers.

jrriddle

ScrapIron said:
On the other hand, a few years ago I rode into Tomorrowland on a Steam train, passing gasoline powered cars while a band impersonating the Beatles was on stage.

Cheers.
:lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom