Suites ???

stevedisney

Hello,

My wife and I are planning on going to Disney in May with my sister, brother in law and there three kids. Is it possible to get a villa or suite with two bedrooms at any of the resorts?

slappy magoo

The Disney Vacation Club Resorts:
Beach Club Villas
Boardwalk Villas
Old Key West
Saratoga Springs and
Wilderness Lodge Villas

all have two bedroom villas available. Techincally they're part of the Disney Vacation Club timeshare program, but they are also available to book as regular hotel rooms, provided the rooms are available for the times you want to go. They have full kitchens, lving areas and whirlpool tubs.

Go to allearsnet.com and click on "accomodations" for a detailed list of all Disney resorts, prices, pics and FAQs.

Also, I'm not going to lie to you, the two bedroom villas are pretty pricey, but some people who are members of the Disney Vacation Club will rent points out if they know they're not going to WDW that year. It'd cost 10 or 11 dollars a point usually. To book a 2-BR villa at, for example, the Old Key West (the least expensive DVC resort) would be 4270 for a week in May. If you are able to rent points, that same villa would cost you under 2900.

EDIT: I TOTALLY forgot about the new All-Star Suites. They will be much more affordable, though, of course, with fewer amenities, no kitchen or whirlpool tub or any of that jazz. But if the most important thing is to all be together, it's a good deal.

Upvote 0

tampabrad

True about the Vacation Club Villas being expensive, but they are about half the price of a suite in a deluxe resort.

Personally, I love the villas at any of the DVC properties. The full kitchen and washer and dryer in the room are worth the cost. A 2 bedroom villa will have a king bed in the master bedroom, 2 queen beds in the second bedroom, usually with a small kitchenette, and a pull out sleeper sofa in the living room. Each bedroom has its own bathroom. The master bath has a jacuzzi tub, sink and walk in closet and then a seperate room with shower, toilet and sink. The only problem is the dining area in most 2 bedrooms are not that big (i think only seats 4.)

Even better, villas can be available with a discount (although difficult to get,) suites cant.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Another thing to remember about DVC is that daily housekeeping cost extra. (about $30 per day)

If you are not stead fast convinced that you want a suite or a villa, multiple rooms at the resorts will almost always be less expensive. With the party sizes you have PORS could suit you quite well. Your sisters family could fit in one room and you and you wife in another. Rack rate at PORS is less than $200 per night per room and if you are eligible for AP or Fl resident rates they can get as low as $130 per night.

Upvote 0

autigger

My wife and I traveled to Disney World with two small children last September and we were thinking about suites as well, because napping and sleeping would work out much better we had a saparate space that could be dark and quiet.

We ended up getting adjoining rooms at All Star-Movies and it worked out very well. We had more than enough room and it was less expensive than any of the suites.

Upvote 0
The Suites at the All Star Music can accomodate up to 6 people, with a crib for someone under 3. Sounds like you'll have 7 people; so you have two options.

1) Look elsewhere
2) If one of your brother's children are under three, you're good to go
3) (And I know I'll get in trouble for saying this, so those of you who don't agree, ignore me) Get the suite anyways and bring an airmatress. BUT you wouldn't be able to use Extra Magic Hours because everyone needs to have proof they're staying in the room, and obviously, someone won't.

We've stayed 5 to a room in the All Star for as long as I can remember, and the space was never a problem.

That being said, of course it's dishonest, you're cheating Disney, and that may not be something you want to do.

If you can afford it, I think Slappy's idea of renting DVC points is great. Also, there are some hotels that fit five to a room. If you got adjoining rooms at, say, POR, you'd still have the two bathrooms, and there'd be a nice way to seperate the two families without making it feel like seperation.

HAVE FUN!!;)

Upvote 0

Aurora_25

The Suites at the All Star Music can accomodate up to 6 people, with a crib for someone under 3. Sounds like you'll have 7 people; so you have two options.

1) Look elsewhere
2) If one of your brother's children are under three, you're good to go
3) (And I know I'll get in trouble for saying this, so those of you who don't agree, ignore me) Get the suite anyways and bring an airmatress. BUT you wouldn't be able to use Extra Magic Hours because everyone needs to have proof they're staying in the room, and obviously, someone won't.

We've stayed 5 to a room in the All Star for as long as I can remember, and the space was never a problem.

That being said, of course it's dishonest, you're cheating Disney, and that may not be something you want to do.

If you can afford it, I think Slappy's idea of renting DVC points is great. Also, there are some hotels that fit five to a room. If you got adjoining rooms at, say, POR, you'd still have the two bathrooms, and there'd be a nice way to seperate the two families without making it feel like seperation.

HAVE FUN!!;)
It's not just about being dishonest- it's about fire codes. There are reasons they say only 4 to a room- the Fire marshall has told them that...not just a disney rule. Fire codes in the all star resorts are 4 people in the room.

Upvote 0

eroyee

:wave: Do yourselves a favor and get adjoining or connecting rooms at a value or moderate resort. you and your DH will have some privacy that way. I know you love your sister, but you will have lots of time together. Plus, the value of having TWO bathrooms is priceless!!!:lol:

Upvote 0

typhoonguy

Personally, I prefer the 2 bedroom villas at DVC resorts (I generally stick with the Beach Club or Old Key West). It's worth the extra money to me to have the extra room that OKW offers (those things are HUGE). Over 1300 sq ft in a 2 bedroom villa. That compared to under 600 sq ft in an All Star Music Family Suite. Also, as far as I knew, the 30 dollar per day cleaning fee for the Villas was only for DVC members. Full paying guests do not have to pay that. I've always had daily service at no extra fee. I would consider the ASM family suites for a short trip, or maybe a family of 4, but they're much smaller than I had expected them to be. Either way, good luck with your choices.

Upvote 0

hokielutz

I'd prefer the villas... but it is a very expensive option. I'd take the two adjoining rooms in the All Star or Pop Century resorts. Its not too expensive... and you wouldn't get much use out of the kitchenette. Just request a small fridge for both rooms to store snacks and drinks.

You really won't be in those rooms for too long during your stay. Most of the time you will be out touring, eating, and swimming in the pool. The room is for sleep and some TV watching.

Upvote 0
I would also suggest trying The Royal Plaza Hotel in DTD. They have newly renovated Executive King suites that has 2 bedrooms. Check them out, it is a VERY nice hotel!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom