Suites At Old Town

DisneyStar05

Original Poster
Has anyone ever stayed here? I found out about it through our barrett tours bus trip guide and I wanted to know more about it.

LordHelmut

It's colorful ....

Inexpensive... perhaps

Near (relatively) Disney, yes.

A hotel I would stay in, no.

Old Town was, once upon a time a quaint 50's throwback entertainment area.
It now host a lot of shops where you can purchase 'tobacco smoking accessories' and T-shirts with content that will definitely not get you thru the gate.

On the other hand, if you are looking for a few bars that welcome bikers, you've found a good place....

DisneyStar05

Original Poster
Thanks!

Thanks for the information! Unfortunately we don't have a choice as to where we're staying as that's where we are going to be booked, but thanks so much for your opinion on the place.

LordHelmut

Yeah, Dubmans post is about how I saw it...

If you are already booked into this fine establishment, and have no alternatives, make sure that the room you get is ok when you check in. I have no doubt that they will have other rooms to try (perhaps in better locations).

Hopefully your trip will be trouble free, but keep your head up for things that look.... weird. (People hanging around in the parking lot, folks approaching you as you enter your room)

kstella

We stayed there one night 4 years ago. I'm sure it was nice at one time, but now(then)ugh! Although plenty roomy for 5 of us.

disneydiva72

Be sure to bring plastic forks and knives and paper plates, we had a kitchen but they made us RENT the plates, utensils and pots and pans.

It was beyond awful. Let me just say tho....this was years ago, maybe it has improved, lets hope so!!

majorrfb

Suites at Old Town-Run away now before it's to late

Has anyone ever stayed here? I found out about it through our barrett tours bus trip guide and I wanted to know more about it.

The place, at least when we stayed, is run down, smelly, old furniture and not very clean. The price is cheap and that's what you get. FOR GET IT.:hammer:

RedDeath

:)

Having stayed there my last 2 annual pilgrimages to WDW, I found it quite charming. Plenty of night life and entertainment, great rides (In Old town of course) and plenty of fast food restaurants on the 192, also there is a Deny's on the other side of the 192 with great service which I went to every morning for breakfast. And a wallmart within a 5 minutes drive of the place. However if your looking to totally immerse yourself in a Disney Holiday not the place to be. Ideal if you plan on visiting neighboring parks to Disney such as Universal.
The rooms are large and can sleep up to 5 people.
3 on-site swimming pools. 2 heated, one not. Helpful info desk in the lobby. Free on site parking. And the rooms come with 2 tvs, 1 bathroom, living area, kitchen, bed room and a lovely balcony. Let's face it, the rooms furniture and decoration, is far from Ritz standard :ROFLOL:

But it's charming. It's not Disney Standard but it's good. :)

Any other questions about it or the area. Just ask.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom