Suit: Disney Fired Woman Who Wore Hijab

HennieBogan1966

Account Suspended
Ya know, I find it interesting that there are those who are saying that as a matter of law, that it may be required of Disney to compromise their dress code standards, when it relates to someone's religious beliefs and convictions. Wonder if these same people will be so "comitted" to the fact that the 10 commandments shouldn't be removed from courts or classrooms. Or that we should continue to say The Pledge of Allegiance in schools? Or do these rules only apply to those whose of foreign descent. I for one don't mind respecting the rights of all american citizens to practice the religion of their choice. But if I am "forced" to recognize the religions freedoms and expressions of foriegners, why aren't they required to do the same for us?

Freedom of religious expression. Where have I heard that before?

Hmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!

STGRhost

I have a bunch of random things to say here:

First, what is a kippot? I know it has something to do with Judaism, but is it the same as a yarmulke?

Also, HennieBogan1966, you've confused me. Are you arguing that those who believe that Disney should be required to compromise their dress code standards should also be in favor of KEEPING the 10 commadments/Pledge in schools? Or the opposite? Because I think Disney SHOULD have to be repectful, and they can't force someone to go against their religon (which I don't believe they did, btw), but I also think that we SHOULD NOT force kids to say the pledge, nor should the 10 commandments (or anything overtly religious) be in government buildings. I think that people should be free to practice (or choose NOT to practice ) whichever religion they want, so long as it doesn't harm anyone else. And I don't know that it's fair to assume that it's all "foriegners" who want a clearer division between church and state - many citizens would like to see that, too.

Also, pasties rule. (heh - the food kind, I mean!)

he-guy

Yes, I know its probaly been stated in the previous 7 pages, but I've been gone for awhile and don't feel like quoting anyone, but...

You learn about the Disney Look before you even go to Traditions your first day as a CM. If you are on stage, you MUST adhere to this look. A scarf on top of your head is not the Disney Look. So if your manager thinks that you are a bit scruffy because its late in the day and you are told that on your next break you need to go to the tunnels, find the vending machine with the disposable razors, buy one, and go shave, then thats what you have to do. You don't quit and sue them. :eek:

wannab@dis

Originally posted by STGRhost
I have a bunch of random things to say here:

Not sure how dress codes turned into the pledge issue, but as you said, it was random. So, gotta reply.

There is nothing "overt" about the 10 commandments since they are the cornerstone of our laws. You know, things like don't kill or steal - pretty harmful stuff in there. And you know what, our country was founded as a "nation under God" so I'm not sure how overt that may be either.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom