1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Suggestions for how to reveal the WDW trip surprise

Discussion in 'WDW with Kids' started by Minnie1986, Jun 20, 2017.

1. figmentfan03

figmentfan03 New Member

He may be able to figure it out when you get on the magical express. If you don't use that service, just wait until you get to the first park. Either way have a camera out. And make sure he gets a birthday and first visit pin

2. figmentfan03

figmentfan03 New Member

MCO has a lot of Disney decorations, but so does every other shopping mall with a Disney store. There is no way to hide it once on magical express so if you really want the surprise- you may want to take a cab. Depending on where you are from and the time of your flight you may be able to get him to sleep through the bus ride.

3. figmentfan03

figmentfan03 New Member

You may want to tell the flight crew that its a surprise!! Good point!!

4. figmentfan03

figmentfan03 New Member

OK so I just read this whole thing and saw that you made up your mind! Totally agree that planning is half the fun! HAVE CAMERA READY!

5. md0u80a2

md0u80a2 Member

Hi

I have told this story before, but we managed to get a 3 and 5 year old from the UK to the front gates of Animal kingdom the second day without them knowing and told them outside the entrance and 10 minutes later were in the park.

At that age, they don't guess! They were just told this is florida and you are going to the beach - pictures of mickey are just that - they didn't really know any more.

When we told them, my 3 year old said 'Where Mickey lives? .... Oh my god!!!!'

6. md0u80a2

md0u80a2 Member

And as a further thought, depending on a childs age and gender, the illusion that they enjoy the planning may just be that - adults definitely. So many kids you see overwhelmed and crying down main street is because they have had days, weeks or months of planning.

Just a provocative thought, not a directive....

7. Raegansmommy

Raegansmommy Active Member

Well, last year we decided to take a trip to Disney. We had not been back since DD1 was 2 1/2. My daughter's were 8 1/2 and 5 1/2 at the time of the trip. We ended up having to tell them right around the 30 day mark, as my older daughter had a field trip at school when we would be gone. I wrapped up a Minnie Shirt I bought each of them and made them sit down and open it. Videotaping it all. Only to get a big, why am I getting a Minnie shirt??? They didn't know what Disney World was. Now they do, and their reactions were 100 times better this year!

8. md0u80a2

md0u80a2 Member

Looking at thread, you arrive today - let us know on reflection how the reveal affecting arrival - positive or negative?

9. John C. Shepherd

John C. Shepherd Active Member

WE didn't tell our kids one year. WE packed their bags secretly and got everything ready to go after bedtime. We woke them early and got them in the car. Gave them things to keep them busy. When we got to the airport they started to wonder, so when they saw Orlando they figured it out. Seeing gram and pap at the gate started to give it away. They were so excited, actually to excited my one daughter threw up from excitement.