Suggest a Good Restaurant, Please?

OliveMcFly

My mother said to me "I wanna go to a restaurant where I have to wear dress pants". HeHe Well, I'm not sure of what to pick. Does anyone have any suggestions for a nice restuarant. I had thought the California Grill because I would love to see Wishes from up there but, I've seen thier menu and I can barely pronounce anything. I'm also a picky eater. Any ideas?

tigsmom

Well you could try 'Ohana. Their food is yummy and most people I've seen there are fairly well dressed (but of course you can still go in shorts).
Check out the menu... Click here

We like the Concourse Steakhouse, but the Yachtsman is very nice too. How about Artist Point in the WL... Click here
I'm sure there will be many more suggestions. I think picking the spots to eat are the most fun. Enjoy! :wave:

Upvote 0

KaliSplash

The ultimate dress up place is of course Victoria & Albert's at Grand Floridian. They should have a choice of three entrees.

Artists Point at Wilderness Lodge is also a cut above. Difficult to distinguish a buffalo steak from a beef steak.

Upvote 0

tigger1968

Concourse Steakhouse is nice. The food is good and we enjoy the atmosphere. As a horribly obsessed monorail fan, I particularly enjoy dining as the monorails pass thru! Also, not as pricy as California Grill. Granted, California Grill was one of the best experiences my wife and I have had in several years as far as dining go.

Upvote 0

LMW

Try Narcosse's at the Grand Floridian. The food is excellent and the view is beautiful. The only problem is it is very pricey but it would be a great place to dress up for and it's probably some of the best food I have ever had! And I am a picky eater as well and I had no problem here!!

Upvote 0

CTripp

Maybe the Yachtsman Steakhouse at the Yacht club Resort. Nice but has a basic menu. Sort of pricey though. My husband and I had dinner at the Portobello Yacht Club (Downtown Disney) 2 years ago, and it was nice and i'm a pretty picky eater myself and I enjoyed it.

Upvote 0

OliveMcFly

Original Poster
Thanks everyone. All of you have great suggestions. I'm going to check them all out, give my mom a list, and let her pick the place. Thanks again.

Upvote 0

crazydaveh

LMW said:
Try Narcosse's at the Grand Floridian. The food is excellent and the view is beautiful. The only problem is it is very pricey but it would be a great place to dress up for and it's probably some of the best food I have ever had! And I am a picky eater as well and I had no problem here!!

I second this! Narcosse's is great! That's where I proposed to my fiance!

The steak is flat out awesome and the chicken was top notch!

For the two of us to eat, it was about $115 after tip. This included a couple of drinks, I had steak, she had chicken, and we had dessert. Not too bad. I thought it would be higher!

Upvote 0

FatBoy976

Is this thread making anyone else hungry? I've got to agree with pretty much what everyone else said. V&A's is hands down the best restaurant I have been to. Narcoosee's is good, California Grill is awesome, plus you can't beat the view. The Fulton Crab House onboard the Empress Lilly in Downtown Disney is good too, if you like seafood. Yacht's men steakhouse has great beef. I've always liked Spoodles on the boardwalk, but it might not be as fancy. I've never eaten at Jiko's at the AKL, but I hear it's pretty good. Boma's is too, but it's a buffet. That's my two cents.

Upvote 0

S_Grise

My son is THE pickiest eater on the planet so I feel compelled to chime in. He took one look at the food at O'Hanah's and excused himself from our "family dinner". He opted for cold cereal in our room instead. However, when we ate at The Brown Derby at MGM, not only did he absolutely LOVE his entree (chicken something), he tried some of the pasta dish his sister ordered. I've over-heard him saying that it was the best "sit-down" restaurant he's ever eaten at. SO, if your plans include MGM, you might want to consider The Brown Derby. I know it gets mixed reviews from some folks, but we loved it. Plus, we got priority seating at Fantasmic for eating there.

Upvote 0

lawyergirl77

Chiming in for Artist Point! It really has become my favourite restaurant at WDW. It's really nice without being stuffy, and the food is fabulous!

I had the option of making ressies for Jiko when I go back this August/September, but I finally decided to go with Artist Point, AGAIN! I'll save Jiko for a longer trip - I want my favourites this time!

And as for wearing dress pants there, I wore a pretty skirt and totally didn't feel out of place. I totally understand your mother's wish - I always like to have at least one "nice" outing too... Makes my vacation feel that much more special.

Upvote 0

calidisneygirl

Just got back from DW on the 1st, here is my rundown of faves.

California Grill, my husband is picky and he gets the filet of beef
Flying Fish Cafe, always a great pick (Ask for Frankie or Terri if they are working)
Le Cellier, good beef and pleasant service

I was not impressed by Ohana, we tried it because so many people rave about it.

Have a super trip!

Upvote 0

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
I'll chime in as well as give my votes to Flying Fish and Jiko. Both excelent places to eat for both food and the atmosphere.

In close seconds for me would be Spoodles, California Grill, and Narcosse's.

There are some other places too that you may want to look into like the Castle, or Bistro de France, Coral Reef, Artist's Point, or Yachtsman Steakhouse.

Upvote 0

d'Isigny

lawyergirl77 said:
Chiming in for Artist Point! It really has become my favourite restaurant at WDW. It's really nice without being stuffy, and the food is fabulous!

I had the option of making ressies for Jiko when I go back this August/September, but I finally decided to go with Artist Point, AGAIN! I'll save Jiko for a longer trip - I want my favourites this time!

And as for wearing dress pants there, I wore a pretty skirt and totally didn't feel out of place. I totally understand your mother's wish - I always like to have at least one "nice" outing too... Makes my vacation feel that much more special.

I'd love to try Artist Point...cause, well I'm an artist...

I've always wanted to stay at WL as well...it seems to have that roughed feel...

my wife will probably not share my taste though...

Upvote 0

lawyergirl77

d'Isigny said:
I'd love to try Artist Point...cause, well I'm an artist...

I've always wanted to stay at WL as well...it seems to have that roughed feel...

my wife will probably not share my taste though...
Not to contribute too much to the thread drift, but the WL is not "roughed" at all! I mean, it has a bit of a rustic charm, but the place is just truly incredible and still feels very "upscale". DH and I stayed there last February/March and it was breathtaking. I had previously been spoiled on my past two trips by staying at the Poly Concierge but I was really impressed by the WL.

Topic? Artist point has that kind of upscale outdoorsy vibe to it. It's one of the reasons why I think it was the least pretentious atmosphere I've ever had in a Zagat-rated restaurant. And the other thing that was pretty cool was that our server didn't look down her nose at us for the fact that we didn't have any wine with our meal... That was something that has happened to me in some of the other "nice" WDW restaurants (HBD, I'm looking at you). When I told her kind of apologetically that we wouldn't be having any booze, she said, "Well, our Diet Coke vintage is one of the best. Last month's batch was really a cut above the rest and would go beautifully with your buffalo sirloin!" It was very funny...

Upvote 0

d'Isigny

lawyergirl77 said:
Not to contribute too much to the thread drift, but the WL is not "roughed" at all! I mean, it has a bit of a rustic charm, but the place is just truly incredible and still feels very "upscale". DH and I stayed there last February/March and it was breathtaking. I had previously been spoiled on my past two trips by staying at the Poly Concierge but I was really impressed by the WL.

Topic? Artist point has that kind of upscale outdoorsy vibe to it. It's one of the reasons why I think it was the least pretentious atmosphere I've ever had in a Zagat-rated restaurant. And the other thing that was pretty cool was that our server didn't look down her nose at us for the fact that we didn't have any wine with our meal... That was something that has happened to me in some of the other "nice" WDW restaurants (HBD, I'm looking at you). When I told her kind of apologetically that we wouldn't be having any booze, she said, "Well, our Diet Coke vintage is one of the best. Last month's batch was really a cut above the rest and would go beautifully with your buffalo sirloin!" It was very funny...

I kiss your hand...

sounds marvelous, thank you...

I'm setting a goal to stay there one day...

but for now...it's Dixie Landings in July...

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom