Subway; yay or nay?

StarWarsGirl

It's been a while. I used to go more in college. It was cheap and better than what was in the cafeteria.

Grilled chicken on flatbread with cheddar. Toasted.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I liked it more before they caved to the Food Babe pressure and screwed up their bread, but I will still hit the place if I need a quick lunch at work that is not 2000 calories.

When I really want sub, Publix is near impossible to beat.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Does anyone have a Wegmans grocery store near them?
Their subs are about the same price and are twice the size plus everything is truly fresh.
Publix is the Wegmans of the south and their subs sound very similar to Wegmans. Fresh bread baked daily on-site with Boar's Head meats and cheeses.

The Publix Chicken Tender sub is life altering. :)

Ricky Spanish

Subway. Never.
Not when I could go to Nottoli's, Minelli bros., or Tony's in Edison Park.
Or, I could make my own like Hero's at Addison and Western.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I just found them to make a better sandwich. I guess a matter of personal preference, but most in NJ have closed.
Quiznos always seemed a little more artsy or refined when compared with Subway. Subway had grilled chicken. Quiznos had Chicken Carbonara and so on.

I am seeing the same thing here in North Florida. There used to be one on every corner. Now the only one left is in Downtown Jacksonville.

Smiley/OCD

Quiznos always seemed a little more artsy or refined when compared with Subway. Subway had grilled chicken. Quiznos had Chicken Carbonara and so on.

I am seeing the same thing here in North Florida. There used to be one on every corner. Now the only one left is in Downtown Jacksonville.
That's exactly why so many closed...I talked to a franchise holder several years ago...when he signed, they promised 5 miles minimum between locations. Quizno's kept shrinking that to less than 3 miles....too many were opening up, cannibalizing the sales. Some tried to fight in court, but they were all losing so much money, many franchise holders simply couldn't afford legal action and went chapter 11.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom