Submitting 10K for proof of time?

SyracuseOrange

Original Poster
I am trying to move up in corral placement for my next RunDisney half marathon, and I planned on running a 10K in order to do so, as the Disney halfs accept either a half marsthon or 10K for proof of time.

But, all the corral placements I'm seeing for the Wine and Dine, marathon weekend, and Tinkerbell half only show your corral placement based on a half marathon time.

Would I be safe to just adjust my 10K pace into a half marathon time and assume that's where I will be placed? Or does anyone have a link with the corral placements based on a completed 10K?

Texas84

Just submit your 10K time. I submitted a late 10K time for Disneyland and got a nice placement. They probably use the 10K pace to set the corral.

Ariel484

Would I be safe to just adjust my 10K pace into a half marathon time and assume that's where I will be placed? Or does anyone have a link with the corral placements based on a completed 10K?
Probably, but I think they look at other factors too (what those are I am not sure :p). Plus they have been tinkering with the corrals lately, so it's hard to really get an idea based on what they have done in the past.

SyracuseOrange

Original Poster
I submitted a 10k time for Tink and Princess and it was accepted just fine :happy:
Right - I know they accept them, I'm just wondering how the times translate/convert.

If I get a 10K finish time that will translate into a better pace than my current 1/2 marathon PR, I guess I'll just submit that.

AUPr8Hd

You can use a McMillan pace calculator to get an idea of "expected" pace for a half marathon. You input any race distance finish time and the anticipated race distance. It spits out the result.

I'm not certain Track Shack uses the same system when doing corral placements. Although, I'd guess it's probably not far off

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom