Submarine Lagoon drained, Finding Nemo on the way!

TP2000

Original Poster
After over a year of rumors started by Al Lutz on Miceage (and quickly denied by Marcie the online "insider" from Mouseinfo :rolleyes: ), work on the Submarine Lagoon to turn it into a Finding Nemo ride has finally begun!

The lagoon, and the Motorboat Cruise, has been walled up for a week and now the water is being drained! Lutz is saying that the formal announcement from Rasulo and Ouimet will come on May 5th in a ceremony at DCA at 8:30am.

Mousetimes has some of the first pics from today of the draining. Here's a link to one of the most dramatic pictures taken from today...
http://mousetimes.com/iboard/index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=4860

I can't wait for the official announcement on May 5th! :D

Scruffy

I am glad to see the subs are going back in to action. Also the subs are in the cave still. Can't wait to see the retheme start when I visit.

ToTBellHop

netenyahoo said:
Has the Matterhorn sunk yet?

;)
Yes, the Matterhorn is now gone. Lucky for Disney, all us fans were telling them all along that it would collapse if they drained the lagoon, so they were prepared and will open a new Abominable Snowman meet and greet where the mountain once stood, with the salvaged basketball court right next door.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom