Stupid question, lol this is quicker than the website.

correcaminos

I think the grocery places that need you to meet them also text you questions if items aren’t available. That’s a problem if you’re flying from the U.K. and have a U.K. number. But we like stuff to be there when we arrive. That’s why I end up just using the DVC service, it’s less hassle. Especially since the last time and our next trip we arrived on Dec 23rd, next time it could be the 24th.

Or we could just go with GG and get the beer from the resort, until we can get to a Publix. I could bring wine in duty free I guess. I’d still worry in case we didn’t get our order though!
I'm actually now quite in favor of the Disney grocery delivery. We don't really drink much and only get beer if certain family likes it.

The end result was Disney was as cheap as the cheaper delivery services and it was right there in our room. Garden Grocer and Dizzy dolphin have always been so expensive and not worth it.

I saw someone claim that Dizzy was a preferred vendor and the only one allowed in to store the groceries in Bell Services. That's bunk as I watched two other go straight in with their wagon full of food.

For us, I think we'll be doing Disney's groceries from here on out. Only wish they had online forms.

Lensman

I'm actually now quite in favor of the Disney grocery delivery. We don't really drink much and only get beer if certain family likes it.

The end result was Disney was as cheap as the cheaper delivery services and it was right there in our room. Garden Grocer and Dizzy dolphin have always been so expensive and not worth it.

I saw someone claim that Dizzy was a preferred vendor and the only one allowed in to store the groceries in Bell Services. That's bunk as I watched two other go straight in with their wagon full of food.

For us, I think we'll be doing Disney's groceries from here on out. Only wish they had online forms.
Did the prices go down? Or are there just certain items where the prices aren't bad?

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Why not add a comments/request box and then I can put in my specific requests. Thats all that happens when I call a live person. A simple sentence saying room request are not guaranteed solves the problem. Think about this......they actually still ask for a fax for room requests :jawdrop: There is a whole section of our country that has no clue what is a fax. Disney's website issues are pretty embarrassing for a customer service based business that prints money everyday. Have you tried making a reservation when free dining comes out? Good times.
As a few others have stated, I have never seen them ask for a fax. We only ever use the on-line system, mostly because we only care about getting an upper floor.

When you call to make room requests, have you mentioned that you would prefer to do it on-line? They do make note of those requests, and if enough want a feature, it should go into the queue for coding.

We go to Food & Wine every year and haven’t had any problems with ADRs during free dining. What ADR were you not able to get?

correcaminos

Did the prices go down? Or are there just certain items where the prices aren't bad?
Just certain items. The discount helps also bring it close in price. Granted if your items are on sale at Publix it will be more. Our receipt including delivery was $49.93. Instacart was $51.25 with delivery/tip. Prime Now was $49.81. Our list included milk, deli turkey, cheese, bread, bagels, water (gallon), snacks, frozen waffles, syrup, and butter. With discount some were more, but some were less. It all evened in the end. Not having to worry about the dairy and frozen staying cold and having it put away in my room would've been worth a few bucks too even then. We'll do it for sure next time.

ryguy

As a few others have stated, I have never seen them ask for a fax. We only ever use the on-line system, mostly because we only care about getting an upper floor.

When you call to make room requests, have you mentioned that you would prefer to do it on-line? They do make note of those requests, and if enough want a feature, it should go into the queue for coding.

We go to Food & Wine every year and haven’t had any problems with ADRs during free dining. What ADR were you not able to get?
I was talking about booking a room, not adr's. The morning of the discount the system always goes down. Ticketmaster deals with this everyday fairly smoothly with large bursts of people using the system but Disney hasn't been able to figure it out.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
I was talking about booking a room, not adr's. The morning of the discount the system always goes down. Ticketmaster deals with this everyday fairly smoothly with large bursts of people using the system but Disney hasn't been able to figure it out.
Not sure why you would have a problem reserving a room through DVC during free dining, since DVC members are never eligible for it.

ryguy

Not sure why you would have a problem reserving a room through DVC during free dining, since DVC members are never eligible for it.
Not talking DVC, Hence the confusion. I forget you guys probably haven't made a regular room reservation in years :D

nickys

Premium Member
Not talking DVC, Hence the confusion. I forget you guys probably haven't made a regular room reservation in years :D

Well this is the DVC sub-forum, so it’s natural to assume we would be discussing the DVC systems!

By the way, many DVC members do also book non-DVC rooms.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Well this is the DVC sub-forum, so it’s natural to assume we would be discussing the DVC systems!

By the way, many DVC members do also book non-DVC rooms.
Have to agree with @nickys. Since you were commenting in a DVC forum, it would have been nice to know that you weren't talking about DVC at all. 🧐 And yes, well over a decade since we made a regular room reservation. 😎 Never going back.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom