Stupid question, lol this is quicker than the website.

eliza61nyc

Original Poster
Never had to do this but how many one time usage points can you purchase? how's it work? the dvc site is wonky this morning.

Lensman

Never had to do this but how many one time usage points can you purchase? how's it work? the dvc site is wonky this morning.
In case you're still having problems with the site:
You have the option to purchase up to 24 additional Vacation Points each Use Year. One-time-use points may be used for Disney Vacation Club accommodations in the 7-month booking window. One-time-use points may not be used for Home Resort Priority. A Member may purchase one-time-use Vacation Points for Disney Collection and World Collection reservations, provided the booking window for that trip is open (for example, Disney Cruise Line reservations may be open up to 2 years in advance). One-time-use Vacation Points may not be purchased for Concierge Collection reservations.

The purchase just needs to occur at the time you're making the reservation that requires them.

• Rates are subject to change, but currently Members enjoy a rate of $19 per one-time-use Vacation Point including taxes. That's $16.89 per one-time-use Vacation Point plus $1.89 tax (6.5%) plus $1.01 resort tax (6%).
  • You won't be able to cancel or refund your purchase of one-time use Vacation Points, nor will you be able to transfer, bank, or borrow them.
  • In the event that your trip does not unfold as planned and your reservation must be canceled, be aware that one-time-use Vacation Points expire at the end of your Use Year.

Wngo905

In the Parks
No
Thanks guys, not sure if it was the site or my lousy company's network Appreciate the help
In case it is not in the listed above, I believe you have to call Member Services and can't do it online (at least they told me I had to call when I asked them, and I did it right at my seven month mark.)

Ariel1986

I wish it was an option online/you could add a card to buy them if waitlisting and availability pops up. I'd be happy to buy extra points, but having to call rules out some availability for popular places or waitlisting.

ryguy

No one should ever have to call Disney anymore. Makes no sense you cant buy the points online. Also makes no sense you can't make certain requests for rooms and such as well. Very annoying. Can't understand why they would want people calling.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
No one should ever have to call Disney anymore. Makes no sense you cant buy the points online. Also makes no sense you can't make certain requests for rooms and such as well. Very annoying. Can't understand why they would want people calling.

Perhaps because they outsourced their IT employees.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Actually, there are a lot of us that, while we do a lot on-line, still prefer to talk to someone on the phone. Guess we're old fashioned that way, and prefer the person to person touch, rather than the cold hard internet.

ryguy

Actually, there are a lot of us that, while we do a lot on-line, still prefer to talk to someone on the phone. Guess we're old fashioned that way, and prefer the person to person touch, rather than the cold hard internet.
I am cool with that but why not have the option for those of us who don't want to call. Seems counterproductive.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
I am cool with that but why not have the option for those of us who don't want to call. Seems counterproductive.
When you mention buying points, I thought you were talking about the extra points needed if you don't have quite enough for a particular trip, but now that I think about it, are you talking about a regular points purchase, where you are looking to buy 100, 200, etc. for a resort? If just the extra for a trip, then yes, that should be available on-line.

What kind of room requests are you talking about? After you have made the reservation and it is linked in MDE, you can make certain room requests at the regular Disney website, such as upper floor or near an elevator. Is there something else you're trying to do?

eliza61nyc

Original Poster

personally I'm old school. I'd much prefer calling especially if I didn't have to go through that "press one for ____" crap. I don't want to do every single thing on line and I especially hate having to search through horrible search engines and supposedly "help" sections if I need an question answered.

When I call my credit card company or someone else I immediately hit *0 for a human being.

nickys

Premium Member
When you mention buying points, I thought you were talking about the extra points needed if you don't have quite enough for a particular trip, but now that I think about it, are you talking about a regular points purchase, where you are looking to buy 100, 200, etc. for a resort? If just the extra for a trip, then yes, that should be available on-line.

What kind of room requests are you talking about? After you have made the reservation and it is linked in MDE, you can make certain room requests at the regular Disney website, such as upper floor or near an elevator. Is there something else you're trying to do?

Are you talking about online check-in? For a long time, that was broken; although it’s fixed now, the options are pretty generic. Many people like to put in something more specific, eg: lake view room at Bay Lake they might want to say “higher floor, north facing, on outside of curve” to get one of the partial MK view rooms.

You can do stuff like that, add dining plans etc with an email to Member Services. But not for buying the one time use points.

As to why we can’t do things online. The IT changes needed for that will never reach the top of the priority list of changes. DVC don’t have their own IT, they have to compete with all other required changes. So closing loopholes and cancelling FPs etc is always going to take precedence.

ryguy

I am talking about buying the extra one time points in case you were short a few. Online check in you should be able to make room requests. What they have now is pointless. Having to call or fax is really dumb.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
I am talking about buying the extra one time points in case you were short a few. Online check in you should be able to make room requests. What they have now is pointless. Having to call or fax is really dumb.
I agree that the one time use points should be available on-line. As far as room requests, you do understand that the more specific you make the request, the less likely that you are going to get it, and then you are disappointed because Disney didn't give you what you wanted. It's a lot easier to satisfy the more generic requests of upper floor or near elevator, thus satisfying a lot more people.

correcaminos

Perhaps because they outsourced their IT employees.
First if you are referring to the stuff that happened with the lawsuit, that's not outsourcing. Also IT has been crap pong before that. They care about form, not function. It's been that way since as long as I can remember.

TBH i'm not a fan of OTUPs. Adds points out of nowhere to the mix

ryguy

I agree that the one time use points should be available on-line. As far as room requests, you do understand that the more specific you make the request, the less likely that you are going to get it, and then you are disappointed because Disney didn't give you what you wanted. It's a lot easier to satisfy the more generic requests of upper floor or near elevator, thus satisfying a lot more people.
Why not add a comments/request box and then I can put in my specific requests. Thats all that happens when I call a live person. A simple sentence saying room request are not guaranteed solves the problem. Think about this......they actually still ask for a fax for room requests :jawdrop: There is a whole section of our country that has no clue what is a fax. Disney's website issues are pretty embarrassing for a customer service based business that prints money everyday. Have you tried making a reservation when free dining comes out? Good times.

nickys

Premium Member
Why not add a comments/request box and then I can put in my specific requests. Thats all that happens when I call a live person. A simple sentence saying room request are not guaranteed solves the problem. Think about this......they actually still ask for a fax for room requests :jawdrop: There is a whole section of our country that has no clue what is a fax. Disney's website issues are pretty embarrassing for a customer service based business that prints money everyday. Have you tried making a reservation when free dining comes out? Good times.

Interested to know where they ask for a fax for room requests, not noticed that. DVC have requested several times over the years in Disney Files for room requests to be called in via phone, email or chat.

Now the DVC grocery orders, they do need faxed in, at least for Bay Lake. But other dellivery sites also requested ID to be faxed in for purchasing alcohol. Weird! Luckily you can get a fax app these days!

correcaminos

Interested to know where they ask for a fax for room requests, not noticed that. DVC have requested several times over the years in Disney Files for room requests to be called in via phone, email or chat.

Now the DVC grocery orders, they do need faxed in, at least for Bay Lake. But other dellivery sites also requested ID to be faxed in for purchasing alcohol. Weird! Luckily you can get a fax app these days!
I agree, not sure this was accurate. DVC asks for chats, e-mails, or calls for room requests. Definitely not a request for a fax any longer.

For grocery you can mail it in as well as faxing. Yeah that needs to change. Yes, for some Disney foods it is more expensive, but with the discount DVC gets along with the fact that it is delivered to your room and sorted for you right away (frozen & refrigerated items put away for you) before you even get into the room, it was fantastic. The total price with discount was a tiny less than Instacart (including fees and tips) and only a tiny more than Prime Now (I'm talking $1 or less). Some items are a lot more though.

Instacart and Prime Now do not require me to fax in my ID though. I have to meet them in person if I get them. That's why I don't use Garden Grocer or DD, I don't want a copy of my ID faxed anywhere LOL

nickys

Premium Member
I agree, not sure this was accurate. DVC asks for chats, e-mails, or calls for room requests. Definitely not a request for a fax any longer.

For grocery you can mail it in as well as faxing. Yeah that needs to change. Yes, for some Disney foods it is more expensive, but with the discount DVC gets along with the fact that it is delivered to your room and sorted for you right away (frozen & refrigerated items put away for you) before you even get into the room, it was fantastic. The total price with discount was a tiny less than Instacart (including fees and tips) and only a tiny more than Prime Now (I'm talking $1 or less). Some items are a lot more though.

Instacart and Prime Now do not require me to fax in my ID though. I have to meet them in person if I get them. That's why I don't use Garden Grocer or DD, I don't want a copy of my ID faxed anywhere LOL

I think the grocery places that need you to meet them also text you questions if items aren’t available. That’s a problem if you’re flying from the U.K. and have a U.K. number. But we like stuff to be there when we arrive. That’s why I end up just using the DVC service, it’s less hassle. Especially since the last time and our next trip we arrived on Dec 23rd, next time it could be the 24th.

Or we could just go with GG and get the beer from the resort, until we can get to a Publix. I could bring wine in duty free I guess. I’d still worry in case we didn’t get our order though!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom