Stupid Map Question

bossmsx

Original Poster
Are the MK Maps handed out at the park more detailed than the ones on the WDW Website/brochures? The one map I have, which is on a WDW brochure, isn't terribly detailed, not to mention they leave out CoP and Timekeeper (which I guess is to be expected since they only run on certain dates)....And I've heard of smoking areas being pointed out on the maps, which my map doesn't show.

Wilt Dasney

Short answer: yes.

Slightly more detailed answer: The free guidemaps in each park down there are quite detailed, with regard to attraction locations, parade routes, smoking areas, and other designated locations, such as where to find ATM's, wheelchairs, and pretty much everything else. They even have an alphabetized list of every attraction in the park at the bottom, if you can't find something on the map itself.

I have all four parkmaps I picked up on my last trip hanging on my wall right now as mini-posters; they're all pretty detailed, so don't worry about being able to find stuff.

mickey04

I have some sort of wierd obsession with collecting park maps when I go. I have like 10 from each park in mint condition. No real reason, I guess I consider it a free souvenier. :eek:

Anyway, the descriptions are pretty detailed but the actual map is basically the same. One side gives you the actual map and a numbered list of the rides. The MK map doesn't have toomany descriptions of the actual rides because there are so many. But AK and others do. Anyway, the other side gives park policy, info about guest relations, FASTPASS, etc. There is also a key of Safety reestrictions and FASTPASS attractions.

MKCustodial

I collect them too. Have from 90, 92, 94/95, 96 and 99/2000. I wonder how we can add them, and tickets as well, to their respective sections at the site. :confused:

MCMike37

Here is a different spin on collecting maps. IF you know the park, don't get the English map. Get one of the foreign language one (German was my favorite)

We would always pick up the maps in the languages that no one knew cause they were fun to read and see how vcertain attractions translated.

WDWKing

LOL, me too Djmatthews, I always pick up more than one in case one gets destroyed, I really like collecting the maps, I dont mean to be annoying but, would anyone mind scanning the recent park maps for me? I haven't been there in 2 years.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom