Stuff sent back to the hotel?

DisneyInMyVeins

hey everyone! :wave: i heard somewhere that you can get anything you buy in Disney World, like a snow globe or stuffed animals, sent back to your hotel room. Is this true? Does it work in every store, or just certain ones? or can you only get stuff sent back to certain hotels? Thanks anyone who can help!

Ringo8n24

We always had our stuff delivered to our rooms. I bought a couple of hundred dollars worth of Mickey dishes at World of Disney one time. Boy it was great not having to haul those things around. They were in our room at WL the next day. I will miss that perk, but I understand the reason for the change.

Upvote 0

epcotfan

Gail Hayden said:
Not trying to argue, but, never ever, not even once were my packages delivered to my unit at OKW. I have always had to go to the General Store for them. It would have been nice if they had. :)

The last time I had something delivered to my room was at ASMu in 1999. It was a Walt Disney World Forever cd that I made at AK. Also had purchases in the room at Caribbean Beach. Maybe they didn't send thing to rooms at OKW because maid service doesn't come as regularly compared to other resorts? Who knows? I stayed at OKW that same year, but didn't have anything sent there so I don't know. :confused:

Upvote 0

Gail Hayden

epcotfan said:
The last time I had something delivered to my room was at ASMu in 1999. It was a Walt Disney World Forever cd that I made at AK. Also had purchases in the room at Caribbean Beach. Maybe they didn't send thing to rooms at OKW because maid service doesn't come as regularly compared to other resorts? Who knows? I stayed at OKW that same year, but didn't have anything sent there so I don't know. :confused:

The lack of maid service might be why. I never questioned it and was always happy that it made it to the resort. In the grand scheme of things it really does not matter. :) It is a great service and I am happy that they offer it.

Upvote 0

Kadee

On our previous trips, we have always taken advantage of this service. It is so convenient! When we stayed at the ASMu and Dixie Landings (now POR), they delivered them straight to our room. At the CB (this was slightly BEFORE 9/11 so I don't think that had anything to do with it), they sent it to the gift shop which was the most crowed one I've ever seen. It was a HUGE hassle getting our purchases, but not nearly as huge as carrying them around all day. I know that if we had to carry them around, we would not have bought nearly as much. Nothing was ever broken or missing. It is a great service even if you have to walk to the gift shop.

Upvote 0
I havemine shipped home because it is quick and I feel like the vacation keeps going on. They package it carefully and I do nothave to worry about the airline opening my suitcase and it getting lost. It is so convienant. :p

Upvote 0
DisneyInMyVeins said:
hey everyone! :wave: i heard somewhere that you can get anything you buy in Disney World, like a snow globe or stuffed animals, sent back to your hotel room. Is this true? Does it work in every store, or just certain ones? or can you only get stuff sent back to certain hotels? Thanks anyone who can help!

:) Yes!!! :)

It is at every store, you can get it sent to your hotel, and unless you are staying concierge (with concierge, it gets delivered to your room), you pick it up in the gift shop. If you aren't staying on property, you can have it sent to the front of the park. I am sure you can do it at ALL giftshops !(minus Rainforest Cafe and stores not operated by disney)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom