Studios Trip Report

Richy_roo

Original Poster
Back from the DLP trip yesterday.. and heres my Trip report (without the spoilers) and review of the studios attractions.

1) Animagique

Theatre show using black background puppetteering and Disney Characters. A good entertaining show featuring bits from disney films. Good one for the kids

2) Magic Carpets

Dumboesque attraction, another one for the kids, (and big kids), good vewing gallery for photos and video as you pass by..

3) Animation Tour

A cut down version of the one in California, showing Clips from disney films and then how 'the dragon' was created for Mulan

4) Backlot tour

A nice shiny new catastrophe canyon, and another 'scene' from reign of fire, watch out for the dragon.... Shortish tour, but im sure it will get more to it in the future.

5) Rock N Roller coaster

Boy. does this pack a punch, makes Space Mountain (next door) look tame. I'm sure the launch on this baby is the fastest yet, very intense.. but a great ride, no trip round LA, just the smoke and lights from the concert. :sohappy:

6) Armageddeon, pre-show seemed to drag on, mainly in French, the attraction was a cross between twister and backdraft. Its good to see Disney moving into this kind of attraction and this is not bad for a first attempt. Lots of effects

7) Moteurs Action : WOW WOW WOW. This show is top dog, roll over Indy, back off Waterworld and hang us your guns Wild West. The Stunt show moves on to the next level... and these stunts are REAL. The fact that the queuing area passes the 'body shop' where cars are being repaired and touched up. Shows how close the cars get to each other.

The stadium holds about 6000 people (and it needs it), and overlooks a meditterranian village, where all the actions is.. Boy do these boys have some fun. :sohappy:

8) Cinemagique
Cinema in the next dimension, again take a couple of ideas from terminator 2 3D and we have an instant win attraction. A really strong cinema show, where Martin Short finds himself 'literally' in the movies :sohappy:

9) Production Tour
Hey its a production tour, you dont get blown up, turned upside down or get wet, you just get to see some production (well , if we hadn't have done this on a Saturday we would have)

Dont expect 40 attractions, it will take time, but there is plenty of space.

This park is young and as pointed out previously by others, MGM contained 8 attractions when it opened. Small but well formed, and containing many original attractions, the future is looking bright for the Disneyland Paris Resort. I for one will be going back soon.

The future for this park is bright and if the Photos showing the construction mean TOT then we are on a winner.

markymark

Great and very informative report Richy!

Sound's really good to me, unfortunately we have to wait until New year to go :(

Strawberryblond

Interesting report :). I am very glad they opened another park. Even though we didn't go visit it, it was quite satisfying to see most of the people walking towards that park as we headed for DL :D. It should help to spread people out abit.

Most likely they will continue to add-on and expand the studio park. Should be all good.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom