Studios search lights missing?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Has anyone seen the Studios search lights on the Chinese Theater rooftop running in recent times?

Apparently they have not been seen running in some time. Anyone know more?

janoimagine

Just took a look at my shots from the first week of Oct. ... they were not working on the handfull of nights we were at the studios ... sooo not sure. :shrug:

Tom Morrow

As far as I know, they haven't been on for months, maybe even almost a year.

Really hope they're not gone for good but I think they might be.

Kane88

As far as I know, they haven't been on for months, maybe even almost a year.

Really hope they're not gone for good but I think they might be.

I was there in mid-July and as I recall, I think the lights were working, although don't quote me on that, not 100% sure.

Tip Top Club

If It makes you feel better I got it, and I chuckled.

And honestly I hadn't noticed until this very night, even though I've visited the studios frequently since the opening of Star Tours II. The reason I noticed tonight was that I was wondering around DAK at night (it was open until 7:00 this evening and it gets dark around 6:00ish this time of year) and I noticed that they weren't shining behind Everest, I thought perhaps it was because of the Osborne Lights, but now that you mention it I haven't noticed them in a while either.

mergatroid

If It makes you feel better I got it, and I chuckled.

And honestly I hadn't noticed until this very night, even though I've visited the studios frequently since the opening of Star Tours II. The reason I noticed tonight was that I was wondering around DAK at night (it was open until 7:00 this evening and it gets dark around 6:00ish this time of year) and I noticed that they weren't shining behind Everest, I thought perhaps it was because of the Osborne Lights, but now that you mention it I haven't noticed them in a while either.

It's amazing from how far away those lights can be seen. We have a place off SR 544 near Haines City (a good 35 mins drive away minimum). When driving on the unlit section you used to be able to see them crisscrossing in the sky on a clear night! I really noticed this missing this year. Can anyone else remember seeing them from far away :shrug:

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
Everyone else is neck deep in conspracies so I will get on the ball too. I bet the lights are gone because they are being refurb'ed and they will make a grand return with the hideous hat disappears. It only makes sense right. :lookaroun

112200d.jpg

That just made about as much sense as props from something defunct showing up in a back lot as a sign that it is returning. :ROFLOL:

fillerup

Now that this has been brought up, I can see the HS lights from my back yard and I can't recall seeing them in a very long time.

JediMasterMatt

For what it's worth, they were not on at all the week I was there at the end of January and I was told by cast members they've been off for a while before that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom