Studios parking lot reaching capacity (Dec 2015)

DHoy

Original Poster
Seeing reports on traffic sites (waze) that the DHS lot is full and guests are being turned a rounded. Looking at the google maps traffic, it is dark red in both directions (meaning chaos). Anyone know more?

kpilcher

Yep. I just waited 25 minutes to get to the toll plaza only to be turned around. Then they told me the bus would take another 30 to 45 minutes.

Arthur Wellesley

The Osborne Lights are bringing in extremely large crowds on the weekends especially being its the last year for them. :)
I'm curious how much of a factor was contributed by the new Launch Bay exhibit / store, as well as TFA additions to Star Tours.

Either way, I am certainly eating my words from earlier when I thought the park couldn't maintain healthy crowd numbers with so many closed attractions.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
I'm curious how much of a factor was contributed by the new Launch Bay exhibit / store, as well as TFA additions to Star Tours.

Either way, I am certainly eating my words from earlier when I thought the park couldn't maintain healthy crowd numbers with so many closed attractions.

Reports are the Star Wars openings/happenings are bringing in some right now, but most are there for the lights that's why the parking closed right before 6pm when the lights start every night. :)

YodaMan

Reports are the Star Wars openings/happenings are bringing in some right now, but most are there for the lights that's why the parking closed right before 6pm when the lights start every night. :)

This. At the park right now and the draw is totally the lights. Minor waits for everything including Launch Bay, where you can walk right in to meet Chewbacca.

Badger Brent

Interested to see if this is the norm through the final weekend it shows. We're going Jan 2nd that Saturday, already thinking the bus from fort wilderness will be our better option. Either way, we will go with the flow and enjoy the Osbourne Lights and the new fireworks that night.

PhotoDave219

Interested to see if this is the norm through the final weekend it shows. We're going Jan 2nd that Saturday, already thinking the bus from fort wilderness will be our better option. Either way, we will go with the flow and enjoy the Osbourne Lights and the new fireworks that night.

Two weekends in a row. I'm going with this will remain that way every weekend until the end of te lights.

boufa

with so many closed attractions.

People keep repeating this same tired flat out wrong comment... What is closed?

Blacklot tour, thats about it. Do you really think that had any meaningful effect on numbers? Animation academy, fine, but the appeal of the SW launch bay is going to be much greater. American Idol... there is a reason it closed, no one was going. They were even having problems finding enough people to compete. If you look at the actual attractions and shows, they have ADDED more than they have taken away. The sunset theatre dance parties, the Frozen sing along, The launch bay, soon the fireworks. The park does not have any significantly more or less than it has ever had.

Edited: Remove calling the repeating of the same boring, tired and wrong "everything is closed at DHS" comments as "BS". My most sincere apology to those I might have offended.

Last edited:

JeffBostock

People keep repeating this BS... What is closed?

Blacklot tour, thats about it. Do you really think that had any meaningful effect on numbers? Animation academy, fine, but the appeal of the SW launch bay is going to be much greater. American Idol... there is a reason it closed, no one was going. They were even having problems finding enough people to compete. If you look at the actual attractions and shows, they have ADDED more than they have taken away. The sunset theatre dance parties, the Frozen sing along, The launch bay, soon the fireworks. The park does not have any significantly more or less than it has ever had.

You know it's funny how many people say it's a half day park. I've been to DHS about 4 or 5 times this year alone and spent an entire day there each time I've gone...from rope drop to close.... and on each day I was not able to fit in every attraction. My guess is that those who complain only like to do rides, and could care less about the shows. But the roots of Hollywood Studios were to be about shows/stage performances, and not rides. TSMM wasn't there when the park opened. Back then, I wonder if people complained about a lack of things to do? Not all theme parks have to be all about rides.

There are plenty of things to do at DHS. For those who get tired of seeing the same stage shows over and over, and want to see something different I'd recommend hanging out on Hollywood Blvd and Sunset Blvd in the late morning and during the afternoon to watch the Citizens of Hollywood streetmosphere. There are so many characters with a wide array of performances. All of them I've watched have been very entertaining. Many of them are down right hilarious.

PhotoDave219

Was the lot closed last Sunday? Or is the trend possibly only Saturday nights?

Thats a good question. Friday/Saturday nights seem to be the peak and best to avoid trying to drive there.

A very crafty person could enjoy the world showcase until about 4ish, stroll to the ESPN Club for proper medicinal hydration and then continue the journey and casually stroll to the Osborne Lights by 6 or 7....

Arthur Wellesley

People keep repeating this BS... What is closed?

You void any opportunity for a mature, respectable conversation when you come out referring to something I said as "BS". Good day to you.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom