Studios parking lot at capacity (Nov 28 2015)

rucifee

The same thing happened two weeks ago.

We've been to HS a few times now where the lot has been nearly full over the last few months. Haven't seen it completely full yet personally, but I have seen cars parked in places where no cars should be allowed to park at HS.

rucifee

No, the Studios lot closed for a few hours, just like yesterday. I was caught in the mess myself, waiting in a line of cars for 10-15 minutes just to be turned around at the end.

During the marathon debacle at AK, they were sending handicap people right out the exits because they blocked off a large chunk of spaces and they weren't smart enough to have anyone in the make-shift disabled area to wave them into the re-designated spaces. Disabled people came back in and had to park in regular parking but then didn't have any access to wheelchairs to get to the gates. It was a mess, there were a lot of angry and frustrated people that day.

boufa

Osborne Lights are a bigger draw than Disney realizes. :-(

You can't seriously think this is true?! Disney has numbers on everything...everything. They know exactly what kind of a draw Osborne is, they just have other priorities. The park is going to be torn up... tough decisions have to be made. All things being equal the lights would remain, but all things are not equal. This isn't a Lights of Winter thing where they just decided they didn't want to do them anymore... they CAN'T do them anymore.

Parking would be the least of the complaints, if they reduce the amount of space in the physical park, and yet continue to offer a free event that will certainly either over fill the park, or more likely cause phased closings.

PhotoDave219

You can't seriously think this is true?! Disney has numbers on everything...everything. They know exactly what kind of a draw Osborne is, they just have other priorities. The park is going to be torn up... tough decisions have to be made. All things being equal the lights would remain, but all things are not equal. This isn't a Lights of Winter thing where they just decided they didn't want to do them anymore... they CAN'T do them anymore.

Parking would be the least of the complaints, if they reduce the amount of space in the physical park, and yet continue to offer a free event that will certainly either over fill the park, or more likely cause phased closings.

Exactly. They have numbers on everything.

So there's no excuse for traffic to be a cluster on BVD. There's no excuse for buses to be stuck in that sort of traffic.

They've got the numbers, they know what to expect and anything else is just a case of managers not doing their jobs. IMHO.

Lurkers, take note: Do you job, do your job right and don't be one of those useless ducks that simply passes the buck and shirks responsibility. Disney is supposed to be the leader in guest service. Sometimes, that means being proactive and avoiding problems before they start. You want to avoid this problem from happening again? Every Weekend (4PM Fri thru 4PM Sunday) through the end of the year, make the BVD entrance Bus Only and all cars have to enter through the World Drive entrance. You've done it before, do it again.

NonnaT

OK, I'm a little confused. Is BVD Buena Vista Drive?
So, to avoid this mess, would it be better if hopping from MK to take the monorail to Epcot and then boat to HS?
We will have a car and were planning on busing back to our room at CBR, changing, and then driving to HS.
How would we get to the World Drive entrance? We are going on Thursday, December 17.
Leaving MK around 3pm...
What say you?

afb28

OK, I'm a little confused. Is BVD Buena Vista Drive?
So, to avoid this mess, would it be better if hopping from MK to take the monorail to Epcot and then boat to HS?
We will have a car and were planning on busing back to our room at CBR, changing, and then driving to HS. We are going on Thursday, December 17.
Leaving MK around 3pm...
What say you?
I'd avoid driving to MGM if possible. Even if you can get to the back entrance, you are forced to leave through the main exit and it is awful near park close and for a solid 45 minutes after.

I would boat if you can since buses use the same exit. Although getting back into Epcot to take that bus/monorail would be the tricky part depending on park hours each night.

How would we get to the World Drive entrance?
Take World Drive south past all the disney exits and after the ramp that goes over 192 there will be a u-turn possibility at a flashing yellow light. Basically just u-turn that and then when you are coming back North it gives you the MGM exit which is the back entrance.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom