Studio Technical Issues

SRQtech

I'm here at the park! It's two hours in and only great movie ride and tower open. Talked to some people here, from what I gathered it's the water cooling system that runs thru the park. According to one guy there was air in the chilled water system so it had to be bled then fixed. The rides that have not opened yet have not even started the pre park opening warmup or start up sequences yet. I was told toy story would be open in a couple of hours. We shall see what happens!

mm121

Do they ever tell people before they enter that everythings broken?

would be really frustrating to waste a days ticket if someone didnt have the hopper option to go to another park.

Bolt

Do they ever tell people before they enter that everythings broken?

would be really frustrating to waste a days ticket if someone didnt have the hopper option to go to another park.
In situations like this - you're free to visit any other park with the ticket you purchased. It's not a 'sorry, we tricked you scenario'. Everything is open except Toy, which sounds like it's almost there. I wouldn't be surprised if they extend park hours to alleviate issues.

Luxe

In situations like this - you're free to visit any other park with the ticket you purchased. It's not a 'sorry, we tricked you scenario'. Everything is open except Toy, which sounds like it's almost there. I wouldn't be surprised if they extend park hours to alleviate issues.

If that were to happen, how exactly does that work. Do they just tell the cast members they have to stay to work x amount of hours or?

Bolt

If that were to happen, how exactly does that work. Do they just tell the cast members they have to stay to work x amount of hours or?
It's in their union contract. DHS and Magic Kingdom extend hours quite a bit. There's a park wide announcement that lets all the guests know, too. At least most people get some overtime out of it.

Luxe

It's in their union contract. DHS and Magic Kingdom extend hours quite a bit. There's a park wide announcement that lets all the guests know, too. At least most people get some overtime out of it.

That's what I figured but just wanted to make sure, thanks!

Lord Starwalker

I was there at DHS on Saturday when this was going on. We did not really notice it for the first part of our day as we were busy checking out the Star Wars Launch Bay. However, once we got to 11:30 am we had a FP open for RNR and when we went to get in line... we discovered a very long FP return line (all the way to the entrance)!

After chatting with some guests in line, we heard about the technical issues that several rides were having. It sounded like guests with FP times for closed attractions were being allowed to pick another time to ride. So, extra guests were showing up within each FP window. We still made it onto RNR in a decent amount of time though and arrived to our 12:30 pm lunch reservation by 12:15 pm. :)

dreamfinder

After chatting with some guests in line, we heard about the technical issues that several rides were having. It sounded like guests with FP times for closed attractions were being allowed to pick another time to ride. So, extra guests were showing up within each FP window. We still made it onto RNR in a decent amount of time though and arrived to our 12:30 pm lunch reservation by 12:15 pm. :)

This is standard for anytime a ride goes offline during a FP window. FP+ holders should get notified that they can use the FP for any other attraction during the day.

JWG

This is standard for anytime a ride goes offline during a FP window. FP+ holders should get notified that they can use the FP for any other attraction during the day.

Well, depending on the attraction. Some attractions allow you an additional FP within the same area (i.e. if Little Mermaid goes down, then you can get an additional Fantasyland FP excluding Seven Dwarves), and some allow any additional FP (i.e. if Seven Dwarves goes down, then you can get any MK attraction).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom