Studio Ghibli at Disney

Britt

Ahhhhhh ok. I've seen Ponyo and that's about it....and I admit, Im not at all a fan of that type of movie. Lol

It was better when I understood what the heck was going on, but just watching it with no meaning, I was totally thrown off.

jharvey

I felt like I was the only one who didn't know what it was. But when I did look it up, I recognized the logo. I believe someone has it as their profile pic on this site.

Oooooooooo. I googled too and I do recognize it, kinda. I am not a fan of anime, but as someone that considers themselves a film buff, Princess Mononoke is one of the best animated movies I have ever seen. That said, I do not see this as an easy fit into the park. It is far too niche to add anything to what we have.

But, since you started my mind in that direction, can Jungle Book get ANY love.

l4dybu6

Original Poster
Oooooooooo. I googled too and I do recognize it, kinda. I am not a fan of anime, but as someone that considers themselves a film buff, Princess Mononoke is one of the best animated movies I have ever seen. That said, I do not see this as an easy fit into the park. It is far too niche to add anything to what we have.

But, since you started my mind in that direction, can Jungle Book get ANY love.
While it is quite unknown by many, there are lots of anime fans out there (more than you would expect) that would be thrilled to see this in the parks, myself included. And seeing as many of the movies are very Disney-like it would fit pretty well! And it would be nice to see the jungle book get love as well :)

Jo DeVil

I'm not sure what you are talking about....

On Disney Channel UK we get a new series called Stitch! which is about Stitch, Jumba, Pleakley, Hamsterviel and others, but in the place of Lilo there is a Japanese girl named Yuna! It looks like the same style of animation, but the voices are totally wrong.

Bairstow

On Disney Channel UK we get a new series called Stitch! which is about Stitch, Jumba, Pleakley, Hamsterviel and others, but in the place of Lilo there is a Japanese girl named Yuna! It looks like the same style of animation, but the voices are totally wrong.

No, that's from Madhouse. They churn out a lot of workmanlike mid-grade anime for television.

Ghibli is on a different plane of quality. They really are the Pixar of Japan.

Jo DeVil

No, that's from Madhouse. They churn out a lot of workmanlike mid-grade anime for television.

Ghibli is on a different plane of quality. They really are the Pixar of Japan.
In that case they maybe worth a look. Thanks for clearing that up, I was wondering how there could be that much love if it was the same people. Sorry my font keeps changing I wasn't meaning to shout in the other posts. TTFN Jo

ratherbeinwdw

It's an animation studio that makes movies... They're really good! If you haven't seen one, I suggest you check them out :)
Try watching Spirited Away or Kiki's Delivery Service
...or Totoro or Howl's Moving Castle or Whisper of the Heart etc. These movies are simply wonderful, truly kid friendly, an absolute joy to watch. Spirtied Away may be a little out there for young children, but we love it.
Totoro would be the best for young children and an introduction to the style. There is a remake of Totoro that loses a little of it's magic because of the voice changes, but the story is the same, and if you haven't seen the original, you will love it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom